We went to the annual Christmas Party at the Overs and it was fun as always! I think my favorite part is special Christmas outfits for the boys, I just loved Emmetts shoes! We had a yummy dinner, watched a short film, sang some songs, visited with everyone, and finally opened a few presents. Prestons grandparents give everyone a small gift and it's so fun to see how excited the grandkids get! When Santa rings his bells outside we know it's time to go home and sleep so he will come to our houses!
When we got home Aiden was reading some stories with Preston and we heard the bells again outside his window, he was so serious, but got mad when I told him we had to hurry and go to sleep so he'd come down the chimney and bring us presents! Ha ha. It's a tradition within Prestons family to hear the "bells" outside the kids' windows on Christmas Eve, and this is the first year they've done it to Aiden. I was a little worried he might be afraid since he was so terrified to see Santa, but it went better than I thought ha ha.
In the morning we went out to see what was in our stockings first, then opened presents. Aiden was so excited ripping them all open, and he got so excited with each thing he got! He kept saying ooooh! WOW! It was so cute. Emmett liked to tear at the paper but instantly wanted to eat it so we had to be careful ha ha.
After we opened our presents we got ready and headed to Prestons parents house for Christmas brunch (on the way there Aiden wanted a sip of daddies soda and he was just so proud of himself for getting it). Just about everyone was there and we had delicious food and hung out before opening gifts. Aiden got a mini snow shovel and couldn't wait to go outside with Quinton and shovel the patio. They of course ended up getting into a snow throwing fight, it was hilarious. Prestons parents got us an extendable ladder which we're super excited about because Preston bent ours when he fell on it ha!
Liz was singing to Emmett and he was loving it, he just smiled and laughed the whole time.
We headed home about 3 ish and had dinner with my family. Sabriyyah is here with Xage so she came with Heather, and Kevin and Jason were there as well. It was a nice evening and we had delicious prime rib dad cooked. It was super crazy and chaotic when the kids were opening presents, but once things calmed down it was a nice night.
Growing up I always took pictures with my presents, and I don't know why but I like to take one of the boys' gifts as well. This is what Aiden and Emmett got from everyone (us, Santa, and both Grandparents). My favorite thing I got was a doormat from Patty! Yay! The rest of my Christmas money went towards Rae Dunn Pottery I've been collecting for the past few months.
It was a great Christmas and I really love that I scaled back the amount of Presents this year. I don't want my kids to be so caught up in how much they get, and expect more and more every year. Plus this way I have less to clean up and less to organize ha ha! I am looking forward to the New Year, and most of all I am looking forward to our house being done! That will be the greatest gift for sure.

No comments:
Post a Comment