12.20.2017

November.

So when we sold our house I gave my dad a good chunk of change to hold on to for our shop.  He's built several, especially for people in town, and was going to build ours as well.  Well Plain City being the pain in my butt that it is has now said anything over 600 square feet needs to be engineered. Great! So we took my dads plans to a few different engineers and they either wouldn't sign off on it (not that he doesn't build them well, trust me, nothing will knock those suckers down) or they wanted a crazy amount of money to get them engineered.  So we said screw it, it's cheaper to pay a company to come out and build one for us.  


The downside to that is we have to pour footings and the slab before they'll come.  We paid the 10% down and they said ok we will come sometime in the next 6 weeks and we will give you two days notice.  Really? So on November 2nd we poured the footings.  Aiden was all over it like usual and he liked helping papa push the rebar into the cement. 


















Emmett was blessed on November 5th.  Preston was super nervous but he did a great job, and I could definitely feel the spirit.  We had my dad, Ken, Butch, Kale, Jeff, and Braxton in the circle and It was nice to be surrounded by and have the support of our families with us.  Afterwards we had a great afternoon spending time together and just visiting.  It was such a great day. Emmett wore the same blessing outfit Aiden was in and I was shocked he still fit into it.  We would've gotten him blessed sooner but Preston was either in Alaska, it was Conference, or he was hunting. It was definitely tighter on Emmett than it was on Aiden ha ha! Emmett on the left, Aiden on the right.



The lumber was delivered for the house on the 6th, and I have never been more excited to see a pile of wood as I was that day! ha ha.  We also poured the floor for the shop on the 8th.  We were trying to get it down before it got too cold, or snowed.  My mom, dad, Preston all planned on doing it but I couldn't help much with the kids and we really needed all of the help we could get.  My cousin Kevin who always is more than happy to help us came, Jeff unfortunately couldn't make it, but Prestons parents came to help as well.  We got it down quick and other than being a yard short it looked great! Afterwards we ate papa murphys pizza and enjoyed each others company.  It was SUCH a good night, It's been way too long since we've been together with both of our parents, and it was so nice to just reminisce on good old times and to hear stories of both of them building their houses.




Our contractors framers were booked out way far, every time I asked he said it was still at least another week.  So finally he said he was just going to have two of his other guys come over and start framing until the full crew could come.  My dad and Preston of course helped whenever they could, they officially started framing the basement part on the 13th. 
Preston really enjoyed it and learned a lot! Of course on the day I had family pictures scheduled, he decided to shoot a nail through his thumb (not really, but my luck!) He said he didn't even realize what had happened until he looked down and saw it sticking out, so he pulled it out and after contemplating it for a bit he went to the clinic to make sure it didn't break any bones.  Luckily there was no damage and it was only sore for a few days, it was a fun $500 clinic visit though ha ha. 
 
So rewinding a bit... my 12 weeks of maternity leave were up and I was due back on the 7th.  Well I knew there was no way I could leave this kid.  I tried probably 6 different bottles and pacifiers and he wasn't taking anything. No one but me could get him down for naps or even calm him down when he was fussy, and he wanted to be held alllll the time.  Not to mention my anxiety skyrocketed when I thought about it.  I was ready to go back for myself just to have a break and be around other adults.  But I couldn't think about the poor people (mom and preston) that would have to try and handle him all day.  So long story short, I went back and fourth with my boss, my HR (who never answers their phones by the way) and my FMLA company to get an extension approved for another four weeks.  Well the day before I was supposed to be back I was told it was approved - huuuuuge weight off my shoulders.  Then the day after that I was told I had to be back the week of Thanksgiving. So the days I was supposed to work I had no one to watch the kids because they didn't request those days off, Emmett still wouldn't take a bottle, and it was just a mess.  

Again.. long story short I pursued a different job opportunity after being referred by a friend/old co worker and on the 13th I got the job offer!  I was so so excited, not only was the lumber delivered, but it was my moms birthday, AND I figured out a solution to my work situation.  I am really excited for my new job.  I will still be in the same field and position (psych tech) but I'll be in the brand new unit opening at ORMC.  Better news is it doesn't open until February 1st, and I only have to do 7 total orientation shifts between December 18th and when the unit opens.  So I basically don't have to go back to work until Emmett is almost 6 months. AND I get a dollar more an hour, a sign on bonus, and I have more opportunities to eventually end up on the unit I ultimately want to work on, which wasn't an option at Davis.  I am really excited for this and feel so grateful it's all played out how it did. 

I can't believe the weather we have had so far this winter. No snow the whole month of November, what?!  Aiden absolutely loves being outside so it's been great for all of us!  We moved the insulation I got for the shed, and Aiden quite liked riding in the trailer in between loads.  Emmett loves to be in the baby carrier so he was asleep. Mother of the year, I know.  At least Aiden has a helmet on ha ha.  



Progress of course went slower than usual on the framing because there wasn't close to a full crew, but I loved seeing progress none the less.  They finished the basement and started on the mail level by the 21st and then it really was fun to watch once that main level started going up! 


 
I couldn't believe the amount of dirt dad hauled in his little trailer, but it looked so good the more he brought in!  Aiden quite likes to push the button to raise it up so the dirt comes out.  He also became quite fond of Brents tool belt and liked to steal one of his tools that gets nails out, my mom had to buy him his own ha ha! 

Kate and I took the kids to get some pictures taken for my moms birthday.  I love how well Aiden does for pictures and hope it never changes.  Most of the time I don't have to bribe him or pose him, he just loves to smile and look at the camera! I think they turned out so darling. We went to Beus Pond and right before I got there I got to hear all about the unfortunate event where Kate got chased by a ladys pet duck hahaha. I am so sad I missed that. Would've made great home video footage. 








Emmetts three month chair picture:
Preston and my mom work every Monday so I'm cooped up in the house all day with the kiddos.  I always feel bad for Aiden because it used to be so much easier to take him out for fun activities.  I definitely prefer a spring baby over a fall baby any day!  Anyways, I braved it and took them out to the treehouse museum.  Emmett did better than I thought he would and Aiden had fun.  He's really into fire trucks right now and that was the biggest hit, I think he will enjoy it more when he's a little older.  


 Overall things are getting better and I somewhat feel like I'm getting my crap together, just in time for cold weather and teething to hit...I'm just so glad for my family and friends, nothing beats help holding him so I can clean or shower, and best of all.. play dates!!


Mom worked Thanksgiving this year so we went to eat at Prestons Grandmas.  That morning Aiden helped papa set out the rolls, he quite liked lining them up!  We hung out and Preston worked with my dad on the house a bit, he was also in charge of Aiden.  I called him to give him a 15 minute warning that we needed to leave and to come in so they could both change and get ready.  I was finishing up getting ready and got Emmett dressed when Jeff and Averie just got to our house and next thing I knew she was bringing in Aiden who was covered in mud... 5 minutes before we had to leave!  Last time I leave Preston on baby duty when we have to be somewhere ha ha.  We threw him in the tub and frantically got him and Preston dressed and rushed out the door.  

Dinner was nice as usual and I especially love it when Tom and Bre come.  I just love Roman, and Aiden does too.  Plus Ella is only 8 weeks younger than Emmett so I love being able to talk to Bre, share stories, and complain about how tired we are haha.  Roman and Aiden are like 5 weeks apart and I love having our kids so close in age! 

No comments:

Post a Comment