I'm behind on blogging, basically the last few months have been a blur. It's just been me trying to make it through each day, one day at a time. Emmett is a hard hard baby. I thought nothing could be harder after having Aiden but I was wrong! I went a good month without any soy or dairy (which is incredibly hard, that shiz is in everything!) And had a few doctors appointments with our pediatrician where I embarrassingly ended up bawling because I felt like I was failing as a mother. Everyone else seems to have these easy perfect babies and no one else complains, so what's wrong with me?? Anyway.. enough of my rant. He's better than he was so I need to be grateful.
At 2 months Emmett:
-weighs in at 14lb 14oz and is 24.5" long
-he's in a size 2 diaper (barely)
-sleeps 4-6 hour stretches
-loves bath time
-smiles and coos a lot
-wears 3 month clothes
The first weekend of October we went to the cabin for the day, I didn't dare stay overnight with two kids, in the past sharing a room with several people and Aiden (who's the worst sleeper ever) didn't go well and I'm pretty sure I never want to do that again unless we have a room to ourselves... which will never happen. Ha! But it was fun to hang out for the day and make some memories up there with Emmett. I love seeing the connection he has with his great grandpa Butch (who he's named after) and can't get enough of it. It's seriously the sweetest thing! The drive home Emmett managed to scream the whole way, about an hour and a half.. so that was fun. Aiden miraculously slept through all of the screaming and crying, so I can't complain about that. I spent a good part of the drive home with my arm bent backwards holding Emmetts hand. That was fun too.
Aiden loves his brother, and I am so grateful for that. When he cries Aiden gets upset and makes sure I'm aware he's crying, a lot of the time too he will go sit by him and quietly 'sush' him until he calms down a little. It's the cutest thing! He always tries to be gentle with him and tells me "Emmett bigger, play with me!" I can't wait to see what best buds these two will be. Heaven help me. Ha ha!
Looking through photo albums I found one of me when I was blessed, I think Emmett and I definitely look a lot alike! He's definitely a Kartchner baby!
Enjoying any warm day that comes our way. Winters are extra hard with this kid because he wants to be outside all. the. time.
Tired Grandma helping with the hardest baby ever.
At least he looks comfortable ha ha!
Will he always sleep in such weird positions? ha!
Aiden is SO smart. He knows the whole alphabet, all of the colors, most all of the shapes, and looooves to play with puzzles and sing the ABC song. It's fun to see what interests him and how much he obsesses with it until he finds something new ha ha! First it was Thomas, then it was tractors, now its the ABC's and fire trucks... and a little bit of all of the above of course. I love to see him grow and develop and it makes me so proud!
He just started to take binkys (only sometimes) when I took this picture, and it's a good reminder to me that I need to try to make the best of these moments, be patient, be kind, be forgiving, and not just "make it through" because moments like these won't come around again.
As for our house. After a million and one delays, they officially started October 1st laying out the forms for the footings. Footings were poured October 3rd and we were so excited, Aiden and I went out and watched the trucks come and he loved it.
After that dad started hauling in loads of dirt around the front and mostly sand for inside the house. He taught me how to tie rebar together and it's actually quite fun. Brad (our contractor) had his workers do most of it, but there were a few days when they were short and couldn't come so we finished it up. I love being involved and learning new things, plus I get to say I helped build our house and how cool is that ;)
Aiden had his "baby" tucked in his jacket and insisted on carrying it around most of the day that way, it was hilarious. Also take note of him barefoot. Mom complains about that but I just remind her the example she sets ha ha!
They set the forms and poured the foundation on October 17th. That was really cool to see. Did you know when they're setting up the forms they wet the side the concrete will be up against with gasoline so it doesn't stick? Mom said back in the day they used to use motor oil I think she said. That's so crazy, but so smart! Again, Aiden quite enjoyed being outside watching the crane set the forms and the big pumper truck pouring the cement.
Preston and I painted on the tar stuff ourselves, it was super easy to do. You have to put that down so it seals it, everywhere that was going to be underground had to have it painted on there. Dad bought a dump trailer to help save us some money by hauling loads himself, when it was time to build up to the garage and also fill it he hauled 8 hours a day for a whole week nonstop. CRAZY. His trailer hauls 5 tons at a time.. That's a lot of dirt/gravel!
Basement slab was poured October 30th, isn't it pretty!?
Every year the hospital has a trunk or treat type thing where they walk along the different departments on the main floor and get candy too, Preston usually is working that day and so he walks with us while we go. Aiden had a lot of fun picking out treats this year and Emmett fell asleep like a good little boy. There was a full sized Sulley there and Aiden was absolutely TERRIFIED. Like, kicking, screaming and trying to run away. I of course just laughed and Preston had to hold him the rest of the time. Made me really look forward to his visit with Santa this year.
No comments:
Post a Comment