Emmett absolutely loves the tub, I kind of expected that because of how much I love water and Aiden does too. He gets so wild kicking around we have to help him stay in his little bath seat ha ha. He loves to watch Aiden play with toys in the water too, I can't wait 'till they can play together!
I haven't been very festive this year, I put up the tree but that's it. I really want to hang our stockings but they're in storage and I'm way too lazy to go look for them ha ha! We didn't ever get around to carving pumpkins and I'm still sad about that... So I decided to get a gingerbread house. Aiden had a blast decorating it, Preston was trying to take over and be all strategic about how things were placed, I had to reign him in a bit ha! We all enjoyed it and Aiden proceeded to eat chunks off it for the next week, of course the candy went first ha ha!
Emmett has been sitting in the bumbo for a while now, and he loves to be right in the center of the action. He gets very into whatever I'm cooking for breakfast, and again likes to watch Aiden play with toys. I have a few toys I put on the tray and he will bat at them and usually grasp things for a few minutes before chucking it. It's cute because Aiden likes to grab whatever he threw and so tenderly puts it back on the tray for his brother.
The framing crew came and put up the trusses on the 8th. Apparently there was only half of a crew there but they still had 5 or so guys and they had it all up and sheeted by the 14th. Aiden quite liked watching the crane lift up the giant pieces, it was crazy to watch the guys standing on the top of the walls and walking like it's nothing! Especially when they'd come in the morning and I'd just see one guy up there with a broom sweeping off the little bit of snow or frost... crazy I tell ya!
We usually go to Prestons parents house on Sunday evenings for dinner, my favorite part is when Butch and Nancy come. Butch gets so excited to hold "little butch" and I love the way he just looks at him. Aiden also initiates dance parties once in a while and he insists the whole group joins in, it's absolutely hilarious! It's always nice when both boys sleep on the way there too, It's not very often that I get to enjoy a silent car ride and listen to my music ha ha!
We got family pictures at a portrait studio this year, I didn't want to mess with doing an outdoor location even though they are my favorite to do! I was pleasantly surprised how well the pictures turned out, and we got a certificate for another free session, so I'm going to take Aiden for his 3rd birthday. They got Emmett to sit up on his own long enough to take a picture and I was dying, he's so chubby!!
Aiden loves the filters on Instagram and it's always so funny to play around on it with him. I usually don't keep the pictures but these ones were just too good!
The other night I had a few things I needed to get done before I put Emmett down, so I gave him to Preston so he could join in on story time and he loooved it. I swear I've never seen him sit that still, he was very into it! Aiden wasn't very happy about having to share daddy and story time with brother though.
I can't believe what a big boy Emmett is, It amazes me every day how fast he is growing and makes me so sad, I wish I could slow down time (sometimes ha!)
The other day after his nap he wanted to sit on my lap like this, I tried to remind him he's a tiny 4 month old baby but he insists he's a big boy. I later laid him on the floor and he was grabbing at Aiden who wanted to lay next to him, it was so funny, Aiden kept saying scratch!! That kid cracks me up.
The other night I was painting my toes and Aiden wanted his painted too, he wouldn't let it go so Preston painted them Aidens color of choice which was bright red of course. I'm going to have to sneak in the night and get it off with remover or something ha ha.
We always go to City Creek to see Santa, I love it there and the pictures are always so well done! Plus I love the idea of the same Santa each year (hopefully!). Last year Aiden was hysterical and tried to get off his lap the whole time, After his run in with Sulley on Halloween I wasn't expecting this year to go much different ha ha. When we got there he didn't even want to go inside where Santa was, and he was frantic about Preston not putting him down. I apologized in advance and told Preston to just throw him on his lap, I gave him Emmett and jumped out of the picture. I couldn't help but laugh the whole time. Poor kid was traumatized.
The whole way home he kept saying no Santa, no toys! We told him we love Santa and he brings us presents if we're good but he didn't want anything to do with it haha oh man I love this kid. Afterwards we walked around and saw the lights before having dinner. I'm glad it has been as warm and mild of a winter as we've had so far. It's not only been great for our house but I hate the cold, if only every year could be like this... no snow 'till Christmas week ha ha!
No comments:
Post a Comment