We got family pictures done the first part of November, as always they turned out great! Rachel does an awesome job, I'm just not too happy with how overweight I am... ugh. The week before we went biking on the parkway and it was soo beautiful. We should've gotten them done that day, it was warm and sunny, and the leaves were gorgeous. The day of pictures it was a bit chilly and Emmett was super grumpy, so every picture he's either got a sucker or he won't smile. We tried to get some of just the boys and that was not happening, he screamed when we put him down and weren't right next to him. Little bum.
I switched to the ER when we got back from St. George, and I have been loving it! I do clerking/greeting up front/teching on the floor and I really like all three. It's definitely high stress at times, and when I am a tech I'm on my feet almost the whole 12 hours so I'm exhausted when I get home. It's such a rewarding job and I love what I do. I get to work with awesome people, and it's such a fun atmosphere to be in! I am working on gaining my confidence with starting IV's since we use different needles than what I worked with when I worked at the bloodbank, but I've learned so much and have seen so much! It's humbling that's for sure.
When I work I usually do 6-6 day shift or 2p-2a, both are good. It's nice to not have to wake up so early, but after my 2-2 I'm so tired! One night Preston told me Emmett got his leg stuck in the crib. I guess he somehow twisted it to get it in there and he couldn't get him out, so he had to call Jeff to help pry the bars apart so he could pull him out. My poor baby! He had a nice little bruise around his knee the next morning, I felt so sad. He didn't act like it bothered him the next day though, he's such a sweet and happy little boy.
When I work I usually do 6-6 day shift or 2p-2a, both are good. It's nice to not have to wake up so early, but after my 2-2 I'm so tired! One night Preston told me Emmett got his leg stuck in the crib. I guess he somehow twisted it to get it in there and he couldn't get him out, so he had to call Jeff to help pry the bars apart so he could pull him out. My poor baby! He had a nice little bruise around his knee the next morning, I felt so sad. He didn't act like it bothered him the next day though, he's such a sweet and happy little boy.
We went to the zoo lights with Jeff and Averie and it was fun! It wasn't as cold as I was expecting it to me, and to my surprise they had a Santa there so we took the kids in to see him. Every year prior to this Aiden has been terrified, but he actually ran right up to him and told him he wanted a Paw Patrol sea patroller for Christmas (which is funny because I had no clue he wanted it, and I actually got it on Black Friday for him haha!). Emmett with nuts when we put him on his lap, and baby Evelyn wasn't too sure at first then cried after a minute. The boys liked the zoo, Emmett was tired but he hung in there like a champ. There was a lion that was roaming his cage and roaring a lot, Aiden was fascinated by it and Emmett didn't know what to think!
I have a tradition of going to the Santa for pictures every year at City Creek. It is so nicely done, and it's not an arm and a leg for professional prints. I was really sad to see that this year the Santa was different than the previous years though, I didn't like him nearly as much, hopefully next year they have a different one but who knows. The boys did about as expected, Emmett was hysterical and Aiden was like "Mom. I already saw Santa, he knows what I want." I told him he just wanted to talk to him one more time to make sure that he still wanted the sea patroller haha. That kid.
I was super excited for Christmas! It is so much more fun with kids! Christmas Eve we went to the annual party at Grandma and Grandpa Over's house, which was great as always. The boys had a lot of fun, and Ken wasn't going to take the bells to our house like he has before, but that's a tradition we wanted to keep going as well, so we borrowed Butch's bells and Preston did it while I was reading to Aiden. They did it for Preston when he was little, and his mom when she was little. Small things like that are so cool to me to keep going, and Preston was really excited to use the same bells that have been rung for him and his mom over the years. So special! For those not knowing what I'm even talking about - Right before bedtime on Christmas Eve he goes outside and rings the sleigh bells and says "Ho Ho Ho, Merry Christmas!" a few times, and Aiden gets soooo quiet and has the cutest look in his eyes. Then he will tell me we have to hurry and go to sleep so Santa can come to our house.
We woke up to a white and snowing Christmas which was so neat. The kids opened presents (which I downsized the amount this year - or tried to - again compared to what we got them last year. I just don't like having so much stuff for them to open and it just clutters up the house! Aiden's first year I got too much crap and "baby" toys are pretty much worthless in my opinion because they hardly ever get played with, and then they just sit and take up space! I like to stick to the 7 things as much as I can - something they want, need, to wear, to read, to do, for me(an ornament), for family(outing, game,movie, etc.), because by the time they get gifts from us, Santa(he only gives them one, two if they're smaller items), grandparents, and aunts/uncles they get SO much stuff! I am trying to be more of a minimalist and toys are my biggest pet peeve! Ha ha! I can't wait until our play room is done, I have to many great ideas I want to do to utilize the space, and I plan on decluttering our toy collection quite a bit so everything has a place and is well organized. You know me and my love for organizing 😉 I swear I could do it professionally, I loooooove it.
Anyways. I had to work 2-10 on Christmas so we spent the morning hanging out at our house, I got Preston a heated blanket that plugs into his car, and some speakers for his Jeep. He sent me on a mini scavenger hunt and the last one said he was paying for me to get my eyebrows microbladed! YAY! I've always wanted to get them done, I have a scar that goes right where the first part of my eyebrow is supposed to be so they've never been even and it's always bothered me. Good gift babe, I'm proud. Ha ha! We went to his parents house about 10:30 ish, Quinton got to video chat with everyone and it was so great to see him and talk to him! He's doing good and is liking it all so far which is great. We also found out we're having a new addition to the family as well! I can't wait to be an aunt all over again this fall, It will help with any baby hunger I might get over the next year ha ha!
It's been a long year, but I am so excited for what is to come, and am so grateful for my family!
No comments:
Post a Comment