Emmett bites Aiden once in a while if he takes a toy or doesn't share haha
September was such a fun month! Aiden started Preschool and was so excited to go! Leading up to it the night before/day of I was a little worried he’d cry for us so I tried to talk it up a lot. He said he was excited until it came time to put his backpack on and get in the car, then he just kept saying he didn’t want to go. A few days before we went to an open house so he could get acquainted with his teachers and fellow classmates. There’s a few kiddos he has been in nursery with at church so I was hoping that’d help too.
When we got there I walked him to the door and he walked so proud and strutted right to the door! I was trying to get pictures of him and I got this funny video of him acting all annoyed at me for telling him to stop and to turn around haha. He LOVES his class, he gets super excited to show us what he did/made while he was there and always talks about his teacher. The other day I bought him a few new shirts and he said “I can’t wait to show teacher Amber my new basketball shirt!”. He’s just the sweetest (sometimes, haha!)
His first school field trip was to Carvers Cove, it’s a little petting farm in Eden and they had a blast! I couldn’t get work off but Preston took them and Emmett had a lot of fun seeing all of the animals there, especially the chickens roaming around! Aiden really liked riding the horses and petting the goats.
He also started going to tumbling at the same time one day a week. He’s in the same class as Emma and it’s so cute watching them frolic around together in the gym! He loves to jump on the tramp, and practice flips on the big foam things the teacher uses. It’s a great way for him to burn energy and to have fun with his peers, plus he absolutely loves it so it’s a win-win!
Aiden is officially potty trained, and I have a feeling it won’t take Emmett as long to be ready… that kid does an obvious squat when he goes and every time he has gas he looks at us and just busts up laughing. I hope for my sake it won’t take him 3 years because he has got some STINKY business that goes on down there…! Mom taught Aiden while we work on the basement if he needs to go pee he can just go outside, so that’s his favorite thing to do now. It will just be a spot random in the backyard that he’ll stop, pull his pants halfway down, pee, then go on his merry way like nothing ever happened. That kid.
We wanted to get our front yard in before winter but the person who was supposed to be giving us a parts list so we could do the front sprinklers took two months to get it to us… which by that point we’d found someone else to just install it altogether. They took a little longer than they’d planned to get it in, but once it was all done we were glad. We had the opportunity to get some free sod from a neighbor putting in a big shop. It did about half of our front yard, we just met them at their house with a couple of men from the ward and my cousin and as he cut it with the sod cutter we loaded it on the trailer and laid it down at our house! We ordered the rest to do the font yard and it was in November 1st. We still have the strip of yard to the left of the driveway to put in but we have to bring in more dirt before we can lay the sod so that will wait until next year.
The day after we got home from our St. George trip, Preston left with my dad to go hunting for a week. The boys did better than I thought they would with him being gone, especially since Aiden insists he has “daddy” to read to him and lay with him every night, he usually won’t let me do anything. I tried to get him to lay in my bed with me but he insisted we lay in his bed for the first few nights, then he gave in and slept in bed with me. We went to the pumpkin patch on Saturday to pick some for the porch and go down the slides. Emmett LOVED them, but after my big butt hauling him up to the top of it 20 times I was so done haha!
Aiden was super excited for Halloween, he was a dragon and Emmett was a bat. Earlier in the week there was a carnival at my work, Preston brought the boys up so they could show off their costumes and have fun with treats and games. On Halloween day there was a Halloween party at his school we went to, they sang some songs and had tons of activities to do. Later in the day we walked around our neighborhood with Kate and her kids for about an hour and then headed to Prestons grandparents’ house to visit them. Preston really wanted to walk around their neighborhood too because they have the best candy according to him. Aiden liked walking around and collecting his candy and carefully selected each piece he took haha. Finally on the way home he just said “I’m just sick of getting candy mom! I want to go home!” Luckily we were on the last house before getting back to Nancys so it worked out good.

No comments:
Post a Comment