4.07.2016

Almost one!



Aidens sleeping is still all over the place. He will have a few good nights where he only wakes once, then several where he's up two or three times and for the day by 6-6:30. It's miserable.  I don't know how I'm surviving working nights right now.  Wednesdays are SO hard because Preston works 8:30-7 and mom usually tends Sophie and Emma, so I'm on my own. Take today for example when Aiden woke up 3-4 times last night and was up for the day by 6:30. Thankfully Preston goes in at night and will get up with him in the morning and give me an hour to sleep, but I still have to lay awake and listen to him scream and cry at night until he gives in and goes back to sleep. I wonder if he will ever get past this, It is so frustrating, then I hear people say "oh yeah well my 18 month old still gets up" and I'm just like, thanks. Thats really what I want to hear right now! Not. I'm just tired of being tired! Bleh, welcome to motherhood I guess. This is his look right after he wakes up, ha ha ha!


On a happier note, I can't believe how good he is walking!  He runs all over the place it seems like! He is so darling the way he toddles around, and he is definitely loving his new freedom! The other day he would walk to the back door, sit down and look out at the deck, stand up and walk back to the living room where he'd sit down in front of the TV, stand up and go back to the door... He did that like 20 times. It was so funny! He is such a strong boy too, he always holds a truck or other toy while he runs around the house. Some of the things I can't believe he can carry!















On Easter Sunday I got up with Aiden and let Preston sleep in while I made french toast and sausage.  We all sat down to eat and to my surprise Aiden wouldn't touch the french toast which was so odd to me because that kid loves carbs! I tore off a couple little pieces of a sausage link and he ate them and then pointed at the one I had in my hand on my way to my mouth... so I gave him the whole link and he ate the whole dang thing! He was just gnawing pieces off of it and was so happy about it too. Gosh I love that kid.  Then we looked at our Easter baskets, Aiden got some colored bubble bath, bubbles, food pouches and treats, a bouncy ball, some mini race cars, and an Easter book from Grandma Patty (she got him an outfit but think he's a lot bigger than he is, It will be perfect for next year though!).  The night before Grandma gave him a basket and opened a chocolate marshmallow bunny and he was going at it.














Anyways. It was like 9 and he had pooped, which changing him is like changing a wild raccoon... so it usually takes two of us when he's in his wild mood. We changed him and Preston got a tiny amount on his finger. So I handed him a wipe and turned to put the wipes in the drawer. Well I saw Preston out of the corner of my eye pick Aiden up and I thought he was going to hold him but he said he wasn't thinking and he sat him up on the opposite end of the couch from where I was sitting.. Well Aiden lunged forward while Preston was wiping his finger and I was putting the wipes away and landed head first on the wood floor. I turned and screamed as he fell and Preston reached for him but was too far away.  He had blood coming out of his mouth and instantly a huge bruise on his forehead.  I was so upset. My baby boy!!  Preston felt really bad.. I gave him such crap about picking the worst possible day before we could get any pictures of his first Easter haha.. not to mention we had plans to go to his Grandparents house for dinner that afternoon. *sigh* The best part being Aiden had 1 year pictures scheduled for the next day! 


His pictures went SO good on Monday. I made his smash cake, I was going for a blue ombre look and think it turned out ok, not as pretty as I saw it in my mind but I am no baker ha ha!  The pictures were scheduled at 3:30 which is right around when he usually naps so I was worried about that but the girl taking the pictures at Fotofly was so awesome with Aiden. He laughed and smiled pretty much the whole time, only having a few moments (mainly when he wanted to keep climbing the stairs after we took some pictures of him doing it , he didn't want to go anywhere else) The smash cake was the best because he was so into it.  We tried every noise and he wouldn't look up at us hardly at all. He just wanted to get the cake every where and once in a while shove a handful in his mouth. It was awesome.  She said that usually babies take one bite of frosting and want nothing to do with it, maybe it's a good thing I do baby led weaning and give him chocolate once in a while ha!











The other day I had a box of thin mints in the basement and Aiden grabbed the box and started hauling it around, when he noticed I had a sleeve of cookies in my hand he booked it over and started whining for one, so I gave him a bite of mine and he went crazy! I gave him a whole cookie and he devoured it, It was hilarious.















I've been getting things ready for his party this Saturday, I am getting so excited! I'm trying not to go "overboard" but I still want it to be so special.  It's a John Deere theme and I found a cake on pinterest I wanted to make so I looked at the tutorial and was like oh yeah this will be super easy (mind you I've never dealt with fondant or anything extravagant like that).  So after several almost meltdowns in my kitchen the attempted cake was in the garbage and I texted my crafty friend and she's making it for me. I can't wait to see how it will turn out! I had a dream that I forgot to make anything for the party but everybody loved her cake so we just ate that, ha ha.

The other day we were at Kates house and after having a "picnic" with Sophie which ended up in Aiden and Emma being covered in Dorito dust, we put them in the tub together.  It was pretty funny, first Emma cried, then Aiden cried because she was crying, after a while they played with toys and then wanted out shortly after. We put Aiden in Emmas leopard pajamas and headed home. I decided to pull some weeds and he of course had to "help" me, which ended up being another outfit change after getting a handful of dirt in his mouth. Twice. Yeah.. that was great.



I can't believe my baby will be one, and that my due date was 1 year ago today. I remember working in admitting at NURH and everyone was shocked I was still there, I was so excited for him to come out already and just soaked up those last few days feeling him move in my belly and kick me. I dreamed of what his face would look like, who's nose he'd have, if he'd have hair, imagining holding my baby for the first time. I remember it all just like it was yesterday. I had the quickest labor and didn't plan AT ALL on going natural (mom said I should be an advocate for natural childbirth, ha ha!)  I was so mad at her for not taking me in sooner!  Overall it was such an amazing experience (and quite funny now, it sure wasn't then) and I would do it again in a heartbeat for my Aiden. I love him more than I ever knew I could love anyone or anything. Even when he's so frustrating and clings to me and cries, driving me up the wall. I always try to take a step back, and just hold him while being so grateful I was given the opportunity to be a mama. I don't know what I'd ever do without him.








No comments:

Post a Comment