4.14.2016

Aidens first birthday



Well Aiden had his first taste of Mountain Dew and of course Grandma was the one to give it to him. Ha ha he wanted more but I only let her give him a sip.  Preston mowed the lawn and Aiden kept going to the window insisting to see what he was up to, then he wanted to go out and see him so I got my ergo and strapped him in. It was funny, he'd look over Prestons shoulder to see where the noise was coming from, but after 10 min. or so he started falling asleep. It was so dang cute! He'd just woken up from a nap an hour or so earlier too so I thought it was funny, the noise must have just helped him drift off! Once he stopped mowing he woke up though, both him and Preston were all sweaty!














Saturday was his first birthday. I still can't even believe my baby is ONE! What the heck!  I remember his birth like it was yesterday, down to the quickest labor and that first moment I got to hear my baby boy and hold him in my arms.  I couldn't believe he was mine (and still can't).  How did I get so lucky for him to choose me to be his mama? I must have done something right to get such a special spirit in my life.  I don't know what I would do without him.  Even when he's driving me crazy, following me around the house grabbing my leg and crying to be held while I try to get dinner ready, I still love him to pieces. He's my little peanut and will always be my baby boy.
Anyways.. back to his birthday.  He slept horribly the night before and was up a little before 6, so Preston took him out to the hammock to swing and I got this picture around 7. Ha ha. We headed over to Grandmas to get ready for the party, I was so excited! I didn't want to go overboard, or overwhelm myself with tons of elaborate details and tasks to do, but I felt like it turned out so darling. We went with a John Deere tractor theme (thanks pinterest) and I found the cutest cowboy boots, overalls, and plaid shirt for him to wear with his straw hat! The best part the whole outfit cost me less than $10 (Thanks DI!) ha ha!  We had farm raised pork, tractor tires, hay bales, a vegetable garden, watermelon patch, rabbit food, and a chicken coop as well as well water and fuel (mountain dew).  I melted milk, vanilla, and dark mint chocolate suckers into tractor molds as well.  I found a cake I wanted to try and make but it was too stressful for me, so I had a friend do it and it turned out so awesome! She is seriously so talented.




Aiden LOVED opening his presents, he was tearing the paper and pulling out the tissue paper like a mad man. He'd get so excited with each present he'd open. Mom got him a cabbage patch baby and he kissed it when we took it out of the box, then he proceeded to bite it's nose ha ha. He got lots of awesome trucks and tractors, some darling clothes, and mom made him a barn to store them all in. I am seriously obsessed! She's so talented, I showed her a picture of it on Pinterest and she made it a week later. It looks so dang cute and holds his horses and tractors perfectly!
























He wasn't into his smash cake as much as he was for his one year photos.  Which I guess is a good thing that the pictures turned out better! I think it's because so many people were around watching him.















His great grandparents got him a grow with me 4 in 1 trike, it is SO cool. They usually ask me what he wants/needs and after talking with Kate we came up with it as a good gift and It's so awesome. I love that it will grow with him, we already have gotten lots of use out of it! He loves that thing. It's definitely motivating to go on walks with him more often because he gets so exited when I wheel it out!








































He had his 12 month check up on Monday. He's 22 pounds 15 ounces (75%) and 30.5" (75%).  He has only put on about a pound in 3 months, but it's totally normal since he stared walking and is more mobile.  He loves Dr. Buchanan, he's always such a good boy for his visits! He's still not sleeping through the night, but we did have a few good nights in a row where he only woke up once, then it was back to 2-4 times, darn it.  He's still loving anything you feed him - eggs, cheese, grapes, oranges, toast, mac n cheese, pears, gerber puffs, sausage, and especially dads homemade ham fried rice. Yum! He did so good with his shots. As soon as we laid him down and she rubbed his legs with alcohol he started screaming but they were over before he knew it and when I picked him up he was totally fine.  We went home and he took a nap, then we headed to Station Park in Famington to exchange some birthday shoes that didn't fit. I was worried he'd be fussy but I made sure to give him tylenol and ibuprofen and he was fine!

















He is such a sweet happy baby, I try not to overload how many pictures I take of him but I just can't help it!






No comments:

Post a Comment