He is still in a size 4 diaper, 12 month clothes (which some of the pants seem like they're getting short) size 4 shoe, but they have to be super wide or I can't get them on his fat feet, it doesn't help that he curls his toes, stinker! He is always smiling and laughing, he slept really good for the month of January and most of February, but recently started waking up more often at night and taking longer to get back to sleep, he stands up and just screams and cries, poor babe.
I am so grateful that I have been able to stay home with him as much as I have. I didn't go back to work until August and I have worked part time or less, taking a whole month off in December. For the first time in the longest time I don't dread going to work like I used to. I am totally fine to be a working mom, I think I need it to some degree. I like knowing that I bring in a little money (which feels like it's nothing and it goes as quick as I earn it) and that I can contribute. I also feel like I appreciate being with Aiden more when I'm with him after having been gone, it's sometimes nice to get a break! Every mom needs it at some point, I don't care who you are.
I work two nights a week at the hospital, which at first I was super down about the "nights" part, but I'm actually really liking it so far. I get paid more (night differential), I leave home at 5:30 so all I miss is dinner, bath time, and Aiden is asleep by 8:30-9:00 every night. I get home about 7:00 and sleep until noon or 1 and the second night I only sleep until about 11, so I don't miss much in the morning either. I would much rather take this than being gone all day long, it is just hard being up all night. I don't know if I'll ever get used to that part..it's just not natural. The hardest part about it all is that Preston works every Wednesday, so I don't get to sleep in at all to prepare for that night, luckily he always has the next two days off, which I'm so grateful for.
Last Thursday I got a cough which just got progressively worse, turning into a constant headache and the worst sore throat I think i've ever had, Preston was right in the middle of working 7 days in a row, and by Monday I couldn't take it anymore so I went to the doctor. My parents insurance changed so I had to see a new doc at a different clinic, but she was super nice. She checked me out (negative for strep, yay!) and offered to look at Aiden as well. He was starting to get a cough and congestion, poor fella. She put me on a double dose of amoxicillin and told me I was safe to continue nursing as usual, but that same night Aiden started getting a diaper rash and by the next morning it was SO bad. He's never gotten one before so I started researching and sure enough it's a side effect of me taking my antibiotics. I of course wanted to stop them but figured I'd go half of the duration (5 days) since I was on double the usual dose. We were giving him milk from my stash at night and kept his diapers changed more often while loading him up with bum cream and Aquaphor. Can I just say I swear by baby bordeaux's butt paste! I don't like Desitin and when the rash started I went to the store and got the extra stregnth baby bordeaux's, that stuff is magical!
Saturday night when Preston got home from work I wanted to run down the street to get a frosty at Wendys and get out of the house. I was feeling so crappy and it was the only thing that sounded good. When I got back Preston showed me Aidens foot and I was flipping out. I guess he was cooking rice for dinner and Aiden pulled over a little round table on himself. Poor boy! I was so worried he was going to be so cranky the next few days, but was trying to not be mad at Preston because I know he didn't intend for it to happen and he felt so bad. We tried putting cold stuff on it and he was freaking out, so I got a tight-ish sock and kept it on there all night. The next day you wouldn't have even known he hurt it. He was totally fine! I was shocked. That's my tough boy ;)
I've been worried about my supply since I've been sick It's gone way down, so I'm pumping and tried some lactation cookies my sister gave me the recipe for. They are delicious! I've been eating a few every day as well as taking fenugreek capsules, I can tell between the two that they are definitely helping! I think the cookies are helping a lot more than the fenugreek alone. The recipe made over 4 dozen cookies too so I popped a bunch in the freezer which is nice so I don't have to make them for a while!
Aiden started WALKING yesterday! :) I am so excited. Preston has gotten him to take one or two steps at a time the past few weeks and I've always missed it or couldn't get my camera out in time. When we have tried to get him to walk to one of us he sits down and crawls, I knew he could walk I think he was just a little bit afraid. So last night I got out some of his gerber puffs ( he loves those things!) and we tried to get him to walk, he got so excited when he saw me and the cheeto that he fell right over. After a couple of tries he did it and I was so proud! He did it over and over so I was able to get a few videos. He has been walking a lot today, we're going to be in trouble! I dropped him off at moms house so I could go to work and she said he was walking all over the place and got so excited ha ha! He has such a good relationship with my parents and I am SO glad, that's all I ever wanted for him, was to be loved and spoiled ;)
I have pouches for homemade baby food but have never tried any recipes until recently. I made a couple and he definitely has some favorites! I love these and much prefer making food instead of paying for it in those pouches, they are expensive! It seriously took me less than 5 minutes to make like 8.
I'm starting to get super anxious about this half marathon coming up. I still haven't been training consistently and I'm running really slow miles when I do run. I just hate running on the treadmill SO bad, but it hasn't been the best weather, I hate Utah! I went like 3 days a couple of weeks ago with Aiden in the stroller, but then my knee started just aching constantly, then I got sick, now it's crappy weather again.. I just need to suck it up and get on the schedule I have planned out but it's so hard. I'm still adjusting to working nights and being more tired, but I just need to do it. I really wish I had a good workout partner to motivate me. I loved it when I'd workout with Nina, that was the one and only plus to working 5 days a week at Ogden Clinic because we'd meet up at the gym every morning before work and text each other about what we were eating all day. Ha ha. I really miss it so bad. It's just so hard to go by myself, and I've been terrible at eating healthy! I just get lazy or in a rush with Aiden and end up eating junk. Nothing ever sounds good, and I'd be fine eating subway every day, but I'd also be broke ha ha! I keep saying to myself "ok on Monday i'm going to start" and it never happens, I come up with excuses and I need to stop. I totally know how to workout and eat healthy, I'm just lazy.
We went on a hike on Saturday, we're both so out of shape (Preston and I) so I was planning on a random easy and flat trail when Preston suggested waterfall canyon.. which is not an easy hike! I was shocked he even suggested it and knew how hard it would be but just went with it. I was dying and shouldn't even complain because Preston was carrying Aiden in the carrier! It took us an hour to get to the waterfall and it was cold and windy so we didn't stay long, we made it down in half an hour.. Ha ha I much prefer downhill any day! I just have to remember how good I felt after we were done, I love those endorphins! It's a goal of mine to do something active as a family at least once a week, my next plan is to hook up the bike trailer and bike Legacy parkway!
So here's to setting new goals! Life is what we make it - we only get one shot, and I want to make it a good one :) Now enjoy the overload of pictures and videos!
No comments:
Post a Comment