We left Friday morning on November 20th for the Airport at 7:00, our plane was taking off at 9:30 ish, so Preston took us down before heading into work. Aiden did really well. I was so nervous but was trying not to be because I know he can sense my anxiety. He was getting tired and I was holding him off until we got on the plane. I was carrying him in my Ergo carrier, my diaper bag, the carseat, and the suitcase that thankfully had rollers. OF course the gate our plane was at was the last one at the very end of the terminal.. I was sweaty and thought I might die. People were very generous and offered to help me carry stuff though, I just felt awkward accepting help so I managed. There was a lady with an Australian accent that was talking to us and Aiden just thought she was absolutely hilarious.
So we did early boarding and got all settled on the plane, I tried to nurse him before everyone started getting on but there was too much to see apparently. He did good until everyone got on the plane and they were just about to start backing up to head to the runway when he went hysterical. I was trying to calm him down and not lose it myself, but by the time we were taking off and in the air he was out. He wasn't sucking on the pacifier and I was really worried about his ears not popping. He slept almost an hour, the last part of the flight he did really well, he just started fussing and getting antsy when we were waiting to get off after we had landed. Patty was there waiting for us and he just loved meeting his Grandma :D
Patty recently built her house this Summer and it was so fun to see it. Her kitchen sink is HUGE, and Friday night we bathed Aiden in it, he quite enjoyed it himself. Saturday we went to a baby shower, he did really well, there were a lot of people there and not a lot of room to walk around but I gave him a taste of some asparagus and he was lovin' it.
We were at Target and Patty got him some "fat man diabetic socks" as mom calls them. They are 24 month size and I was thinking for sure they'd be way too big but Patty insisted we get them and sure enough they fit his fat legs and actually stay up. The foot part is a little big but whatever works. I was also really excited, while browsing through the clothes Patty pulled out a pair of Burts Bees pajamas and I almost yelled out in joy. I had my eye on them online (they're not sold in stores) but didn't want to pay shipping so I was waiting until I needed something else or found a code, and by the time I did they were sold out and have been ever since. They were originally going to be his Christmas Eve pajamas but I've gotten another pair for that.. Anyway they were in his size and everything so I got them and I love them. They are so soft and darling on my little chubby boy.
We went to Ikea on Monday and Aiden napped in my Ergo most of the time we walked around. I love that store. It's probably a good thing the one in Utah is 1.5 hours or so away... They have dishes I want so bad, also I love their dish towels, and baby bath towels. It was hard to resist buying much because I didn't want to check a bag on the flight home. I did get Aiden some bath toys for Christmas though. When he woke up and we had lunch I let him gnaw on a piece of garlic bread and he quite enjoyed it. We also discovered on this trip he's a big fan of mashed potatoes. Patty fed him lots of garlic-y things ;) When my brother was a baby she was babysitting him for mom and when she went to pick him up he had garlic breath and she said to Patty "what have you done to my sweet baby boy!!" and Patty fed him spaghetti with garlic.. ever since then Jeff has always loved garlic. She's starting Aiden young! ha ha
Kaitlyn, TJ, and Ny flew in on Tuesday, that was not a fun car ride home from the airpot. We were all crammed in the car and Aiden had had enough so he was fussy the whole way home, when he'd cry so would Ny.. Poor babies. Poor us! ha ha. Patty got them matching pajamas and they looked so darling! They warmed up to each other pretty quick, Aiden is always happy, cheerful, and giggling, and Ny is SO serious. It was hilarious.
Thanksgiving was a lot of fun, we spent it at Patty's sisters house (which is GORGEOUS by the way) and Aiden was really good. He hung out and everyone was loving talking to him and holding him and just kept asking me if he's always that happy, ha ha I just said yep.. unless he's in the car and tired, then he lets you know!!
Friday night before I left we went into the city, I thought for sure it would be super busy and traffic would be terrible but it was actually really nice. We walked around Fishermans Wharf for a while and ate at Bubba Gumps Restaurant, the table overlooked the water and you could see the Golden Gate Bridge, so pretty. Aiden and Ny did really well, they both were eating mashed potatoes as quick as we could shovel them into their mouths ha ha! It was a perfect 58 degrees and it didn't seem cold at all.
Saturday we took some pictures before heading to the airport, I was so sad to go :( There was no traffic heading into Oakland, and the airport seemed like a ghost town, so weird. I left the carseat there since it expires in May and I don't use it at home, it was nice to not have to pack it. Aiden fell asleep on the drive there and stayed asleep in my Ergo for almost an hour, it was nice.
The flight home wasn't bad. I was bugged because I did early boarding again, got everything all situated (I pumped a 3 oz bottle the night before because I figured it'd be easier than trying to breastfeed again) so I had the bottle, a toy, his blanket, and my phone all tucked into the seat organizer thing, my bags all tucked under the seat in front of me, Aiden was almost asleep and I swear one of the last guys on the plane was like um, you're in my seat. Which it was an aisle seat and I was just one row too far back. I wanted to say um well can't we switch because I have a baby that's almost asleep.. but he seemed arrogant and annoyed as it was so I awkwardly tried to hurry and move everything and couldn't put him down so he went hysterical.. It was not fun. He was really fussy for about 5-10 min until we had taken off and were in the air. Eventually I got him to eat his bottle, which of course he downed and I had to nurse him anyways.. He fell asleep and slept probably 40 min. At the end the pilot said we were starting our descent and would be on the ground in 15 min, but it was almost 45 by the time we really did. I could feel the plane going up and down and circling, I don't know what was going on but it was sure stressful, I knew how limited my time was that Aiden would be good.
Overall he did so good and I am grateful it wasn't any worse. I had SO much fun, it was so nice and warm(er than here) I really missed Preston though and wish he could've come. Next time for sure!!
We loved having you and our sweet, happy, smiling boy visit us! I think Dennis is shocked by how much he misses having the babies here! He sure took to Aiden!!! I love you and I miss you and I'm looking forward to your next visit!!! (Preston MUST come next time too!!!!!) ❤️❤️❤️❤️😊😊😊😊😊😊😊😊
ReplyDelete