11.18.2015

7 months

Halloween was fun putting Aiden in his giraffe costume! Preston and I both worked so Grandma babysat him and we hung out at her house afterwards. I thought about taking him to a trunk or treat but he's too little to eat candy and I was too tired to take him ha ha! We did go to a trunk or treat at McKay with cousins Sophie and Emma. It was fun because everyone was oohing and aahing over his smile and chubby cheeks, plus he got to visit dad at work!















So we originally had an appointment for the pediatric urologist at the first of December but I asked to be put on a waiting list for cancellations, they said that if they get one they call the night before the appointment, and sure enough we were able to get our appointment moved to November 5th. We went down there (which after we got on the freeway we realized we had no pacifier.. that went well. I ended up using the nipple from the spare bottle in the diaper bag and plugged the hole with my finger the last 35 min. of the car ride there..) so we made sure we didn't leave the hospital without a pacifier!

The doctor was nice.. kind of weird but friendly. He took one look at aiden, felt around, said "yep there it is" had us schedule the surgery and that was that. He also commented on his chubby thighs ha ha!  So the surgery is scheduled for December 2nd at PCMC.  It is an outpatient surgery called an orchiopexy. The doctor said it will take about 45 minutes and most babies are fussy and grumpy for the next 2 days or so. I am grateful for modern medicine and the face we can get it done quickly and easily, I'm not going to think about what it will cost with our stupid high deductible.. but in the end it doesn't matter. I'm just sad my baby will have to go through it :(


Aiden has been trying more foods and I am loving it!  His recent favorites have been steak, pineapple, and broccoli.  It is hilarious watching him gnaw the food to death and don't even think about trying to get it out of his fat hands unless you have another piece ready to go.

















The other night we were at grandmas and after his bath I got some jammies out of the clothes I keep there and they were 9 months, she was all mad saying his toes were curled so she insisted that we cut the toes, ha ha oh boy. She said she had to do that with my brothers a couple of times because of how fast he grew. Good thing I don't care about any of the clothes I keep at her house! Ha.
















Aiden turned 7 months old on the 9th. He has rolled over a few times but still doesn't like to do it very much at all. He's starting to lift his bum up a little bit when he's on his tummy, but no other signs of crawling.  No teeth yet, the teething necklace I got him has worked WONDERS. Since probably 2 days after I bought it the drooling stopped, he wasn't fussy or irritable, and he wasn't furiously chewing on anything he could get his chops on. I am a firm believer. Best investment ever. He weighs about 23 pounds, he fits into his size 3 diapers but I'm almost out of them so we will be switching to 4's soon, he's in 9 month clothing unless it's Old Navy or Gymboree bottoms, then It's 12-18 months, and he wears 12 month jammies. He loves to talk and squeal, he gets SO excited when Preston or I come home from work, I love seeing his excited face and he reaches out to me and squeals. He clapped his hands for the first time on Sunday the 15th, and he's done it a few times since then.
















He's still not sleeping through the night, he's gotten into the habit of nursing for comfort, not really to eat..I'm going to have to have a few sleepless nights the first of December to break the habit. Since he wakes up every 2 hours or so to nurse he's still co-sleeping with us. He eats 3-3.5 ounces in a bottle at a time when I'm at work, and usually every 3-4 hours.  Just in the last week he's started staying consistent with his naps, the first one is usually between 9:30-10:30 and lasts for 1-1.5 hours in his crib (although we still have to walk with him and rock him to sleep) and his second nap is usually between 2-3 lasting for an hour. We start bath time at 7, attempt to read some stories, eat, then go to sleep by 8-8:30.  Usually one of us holds him until we go to bed ourselves, most of the time if I try and lay him in his crib he kicks his legs and starts freaking out. He's actually in there right now though and has been for 35 minutes... knock on wood. (Charlie was napping in the nursery with Aiden today, see him in the corner? ha ha)


He's still taking his zantac 3 x daily, I can definitely tell when he misses a dose because he doesn't sleep as well and he's more fussy. Poor fella.  He's generally such a happy and fun baby!  I just love him so much.  We go out a lot, I think he gets cooped up being in the house and so do I, so we either go to grandmas house, target, or walk around the mall in the stroller for some exercise ;) I wish it wasn't SO COLD outside, I really love jogging on the parkway in Ogden but I guess that's going to have to wait until spring :(
















It seems like people put up Christmas decorations earlier every year, but I always make myself wait until after Thanksgiving.  I am getting worried about Preston putting the lights up on the house before it gets too much colder and miserable outside. The next day he has off that's warm-ish we'll be all over it! (and by we I mean he will hang them and I will direct.. ha ha!)  I bought a bunch of new lights last year while they were on sale right after the holidays for my banister, front trees, and just general areas on and in the house, so I'm excited to put them up.

Aiden and I are flying to California to see Grandma Patty, Kaitlyn, and her sweet baby girl on Friday and I am so excited. We will come back next Saturday so we'll be there during Thanksgiving. I'm sad we won't be with my family or Preston but can't wait to see Patty. I've been looking forward to it since I booked the flight. I am super nervous to fly with Aiden though. I'm grateful it's a short flight and it will be good practice to see how he does. Normal babies would be fine I'm sure, but Aiden doesn't sleep unless he's rocked and held, and the flight is right in the middle of his nap time.. so that's a worry.  It will all work out.  So I am sure that Sunday when I get back I'll be decorating all day ;)

I feel like things are really starting to look up in life. The last few months have been really hard for me.  Prestons family hasn't been kind or supportive of us, they've been mean to me and uninvolved in Aiden or Prestons life at all. It's just been so heartbreaking to me because they are really missing out on such a sweet spirit. It's really gotten me down... Plus I took a pay cut coming to my current job, I went from full time to part time, so making less money has been a huge adjustment, plus you know being a new mom and all that jazz..But I had to just keep holding on to something, telling myself it would all turn around at some point and it feels like it finally is.

First: Mom has had to work nights since she started and she's finally going to days in December - I am SO happy. Nights are HARD! Especially when you are old ;) so I feel much less stressed knowing she will be on days.
Second: Visiting Patty is coming up soon and I have been so excited to have a break form life, I can't wait.
Third: I have a happy, healthy baby boy who loves me for who I am, he doesn't care if I'm fat, or we're poor, or where we live, or what car I drive, or what clothes or makeup I wear. He just loves me. And that is all that matters.
















Sometimes it is important to take a step back in life and realize what is important, and just how lucky we all are. When we let the negativity take over everything seems worse, but I am lucky to have so many people who support me and love me in my life that remind me of that often. I am blessed! (by the way do you see him STANDING in the car that grandma got him? My baby can't start standing yet..!)

I put him in some Carhartts and I couldn't get over how cute they were on him! Mom leaned him up on the couch to take pictures and it worked well until the third picture.. he's falling over and mom barely caught him ha ha! I love my sweet boy.







1 comment:

  1. I'm so dang excited, I can hardly wait!!! About 33 hours from now, you and my sweet little grandson will be here!!! Wahooooo!!!

    I just ordered a lemon amber necklace for Aniaya. I have no idea how they work but if you say it's great, well then I shall believe. :-)

    See you in a few hours, I love you! 😘

    ReplyDelete