12.18.2015

8 Months


















Aiden is doing much better. He seems to have gotten over his cold which is so good! Let me just say I'd be lying if I said Aiden is an "easy" baby. He is the happiest baby I've ever seen when he's awake, but when it comes to sleeping it's a nightmare.. Since his surgery he's been really clingy to me. I can't put him down and walk more than 5 feet away without him going crazy and it's the same story when he's asleep. I don't know how he knows!! Usually in the night when he's fussy Preston can get up and take a turn walking with him but he won't even let him hold him, It's crazy! He just wants to literally nurse all. night. long.  Mom kept him overnight a couple of weeks ago so we could catch up on sleep and I feel like I tossed and turned most of the time not knowing how he was doing at Grandma's house.

















Fast forward to two nights ago and mom offered to take him again but I wanted to sleep over at her house so I could nurse him. It was a long night. He was up several times and would just cry, a couple of times I went out to help with him and once he heard me he didn't want a thing to do with mom. It was actually kind of funny... so he was wide awake at like 2AM and I sat down on the couch next to her and he was all giggly and bouncing around on my lap, when i'd hand him to her he'd go CRAZY and try to fling his body off of hers to come to me and when i'd take him back he'd be all giggly again. We did it like 5 times. Little stinker. Anyways. We survived the night.

I've been talking to Prestons cousins wife Bre about what she does with her babe (who unfortunately likes to sleep just as much as Aiden), and she said she was going to try just letting him fuss in his crib for a while. I have always been against this idea because it just seems so mean, but after hearing how quickly her little one caught on I figured I needed to try it with Aiden because I've done just about everything else. 

The first day I was so nervous and felt horrible before I even laid him down. I nursed him, got him drowsy and almost asleep, then just laid him in his crib, gave him a kiss and booked it out of the room. He only cried for about 10 min on and off and he was OUT! I couldn't even believe it. Preston was shoveling the driveway and I got in the shower and he came down and said he was out, I was in total disbelief. I envisioned him crying for like an hour.. the second nap went just as well! It's been a few days and he's doing really good. This morning he fought it for almost half an hour, his longest to date but he eventually gave in. He's still only napping 30-45 min at a time this way but I figure it will get a little better each day.. at least that's what I tell myself.  He's still in bed with us, I feel like I need to get his naps pretty consistent before I try the bed time routine. 

He's so close to crawling! He's mastered going backwards and lifts his butt up but hasn't quite figured out how to put it all together yet.  He tries to pull himself up on everything and is a pro at standing once he gets himself up (which isn't very often, we have to help him stand most of the time).  He's getting more and more hair and I love it!  Still no teeth yet, I keep checking but don't see nubs even... I'm fine with it! 
He LOVES food. Seriously. Anything you are eating around him you better give him a taste or he will get all kinds of offended. I gave him a piece of beef jerky and I swear he chewed on it for an hour. I don't think I've given him anything he doesn't like except carrots. 


















We went to City Creek last Saturday to do some Christmas shopping, see Santa, and the lights at Temple Square. He was a champ and did really well. We ate dinner at the Cheesecake Factory and he loved trying my pasta, peas, sweet potato fries, and of course dinner rolls! 





















We got some Christmas pictures done by Kate for cards to be sent out and they turned out good! We were kind of in a hurry because she had an appointment to get to but Aiden always looks good ;)





I caught this video of him in the snow for the first time and he was loving it! Also don't forget about him snoring in his sleep ha ha ha ! 





1 comment:

  1. Love, love, love your blog!!! It's so nice to be able to keep up with your lives even though we are so far away. Xxxoooo

    ReplyDelete