1.12.2016

Aidens first Christmas

December has come and gone, I am excited to welcome a new year! Crying it out lasted about a week for Aiden... He was to the point where he would cry for 45 minutes and sleep for 10. I just couldn't do it. I felt like the meanest mom ever. So I kept holding him and don't know how I functioned really. He slowly got to the point where he would nurse literally all night too. I thought I was going to lose it when you add that to all the other crap going on right now...

Christmas was so fun!! Christmas Eve we drove to Kaysville to visit Prestons grandma and grandpa. It is always so much fun to see them, they just adore Aiden and he loves them as well! We stayed and opened presents, they got him a bunch of clothes and some fun toys. They give Preston and  I money to pick our gifts, this year I hijacked Prestons share and picked surprises for him. It was fun!




















We went to mom and dads for dinner, dad cooked steaks! Mom worked so when she got home we bathed Aiden and got him into his Christmas Jammie's, then just hung out and watched a movie. I made her put up her cool old aluminum tree, I love that thing! Aiden quite liked watching the color wheel shine on it. We soon headed home to go to sleep so Santa would come ;)




















Christmas morning I cooked breakfast and we opened presents. Aiden got lots of fun gifts, he especially loved his motorcycle from grandma Patty! I got Preston A smart watch and was so excited to give it! I saved for months and reviewed so many different kinds. I really hope he loves it! We played and then got our snow clothes on and headed to the park to go sledding with Kate, Kale, Sophie, and Emma. It was way fun! I was so paranoid about Preston taking Aiden, he only went once but Aiden seemed to enjoy it. We were there right in the middle of nap time so he fell asleep and we watched everyone sled with Kate and Emma who weren't too into it. We think we should make this a tradition! It was cold and a little windy but still fun, about an hour after we left it was way crowded so I'm glad we went when we did.
































That afternoon we headed to Aunt Lauries house, I was looking forward to it all morning. Her family was there (minus Tom, Bre, and Roman) as well as Prestons grandparents. We had lots of yummy treats and dips while we visited, then we ate the best lunch! We opened gifts where Aiden was spoiled with more toys, Laurie got him a cool rolling one to motivate him to crawl! Afterwards we headed to my parents house for dinner.


















We missed Kate but she was heading to her in-laws, it was nice to visit with Jeff and Averie though. We hung out and ate (again!) and opened presents. I love giving gifts, it's probably my favorite part of the holidays. Kate got Aiden this play yard which he absolutely loves! She has one at her house and he could sit in it all day.
















Overall it was such a great Christmas, the best one yet! I'm so grateful we have our families and I believe that is more important than anything else. A few days later when we all had the day off Kate and her dimly came to moms so we could all get together and exchange gifts. Sophie and Emma are so cute with Aiden and I love that he will have cousins to grow up with and be close to!
























I am excited for this new year to come, I need a new start and I think Preston feels the same way. We are going to work on becoming closer as a couple and as parents, and try to be the best example e can for our baby boy. I have set some resolutions but wanted to keep them short, and realistic.

- work out 3x weekly or more
- family home evening and scripture time weekly
- mealplan more

I of course want to lose weight but I am not going to stress over a number. I was lucky enough to to lose all of the 45 pounds I gained while pregnant within the first 8 weeks after Aiden was born but I still have quite a bit to lose before I get to a goal of what would make me comfortable, confident, and happy. Two bloggers I follow are doing diet bets In January so ive signed up to keep myself accountable. Here is to a new year!!

No comments:

Post a Comment