10.27.2015

Updates

We started giving Aiden food the past few weeks, it's been so fun!  Kate is big on baby-led weaning and introduced me to it. I still have baby food because I want to be able to experience feeding him as well as him trying new food on his own.  The first thing he tried was a steamed carrot, he was NOT sure what to think about it. His faces were priceless!  So far we've tried the carrots, a raw potato spear, avocado, green bell pepper, sweet potato puree (his favorite by far) mango puree - spit right out, and mum mum cereal crackers which he liked ok.

Carrots - 10.14.15




Avocado - 10.16.15



Potato and bell pepper
10.25.15


Mum Mums 
10.27.15




















We took him to his first movie!  I went with mom and Sophie to see Hotel Transylvania 2. When I looked up the show time there was no one else in the theatre, but when we got in there there were two other small groups of people. I was so worried Aiden would be naughty but he did really good!  When we were walking in he was whipping his head around to see all of the colorful lights and signs in the building. He was really into the show for the first 10-15 min and just let me rock him on my lap, then he got tired so I fed him and he of course couldn't focus with the show being so loud.  A few minutes later I tried feeding him again and he went right to sleep. He slept the whole movie and woke up right as the movie was ending. What a good boy!


Aiden definitely loves to  be outside. I don't know what we're going to do this winter.. good thing I have lots of blankets ;) He loves the leaves, I thought when I set him down in them that he wouldn't like the feeling of sitting on them and the noise they make when they crunch, but he was all sorts of excited. I had to constantly keep them out of his mouth however..





















I go jogging a few times a week and he loves to go with me in the stroller. He just looks around at his tree friends and is always so calm and quiet. I signed up to run the Ogden half marathon in May so I figure this time I'll actually train for it!   It is such a fun trail to run, one of my favorite runs I've ever done! I'm looking forward to it for sure. He also LOVES to watch the fire at my parents house. The other day Preston was burning some wood for my mom and some tree trimmings and I am pretty sure he didn't blink for 5 minutes straight. His eyes were all red and watery but he was just staring at the fire and nothing or no one else.






















The other day we went to the mall and got some pretzels, I sucked off the grease and salt and let him chew on one of the pieces, he was lovin' it.  There were a couple of times he'd gnaw off a big hunk and Preston would have to fish it out of his mouth, but I wasn't too worried.  I love to see his expression as he tries new things!




















Lastly I wanted to write about my amazing diaper deal I got on Amazon a couple of weeks ago.  I follow a blogger who posts good deals on Amazon and at Smiths, I don't know how she figures them out but I've gotten Axe shower gel and shampoo for Preston multiple times for less than $1 each, as well as shampoo and conditioner for me. I have probably a year supply of them all, it's so awesome!  Anyway she posted a good deal on the economy size boxes of diapers and wipes, you just had to have an amazon prime account so I used 5 different ones and ended up getting all of this for less than $50 total! ($257 without the discounts!!)

-384 size 4 diapers, 344 size 5 diapers, and 3,264 wipes- 


I love it when I find good deals. Especially on diapers that are expensive and not fun to buy.  We are going to be set on diapers and wipes for good, probably for our next baby too! I have a bunch of newborn and size 1 diapers left over, not to mention an unopened box of 2's.  I'm going to use the rest of the 3's that I have (probably 30 or so) then move onto 4's. He's such a chunk that I am going to have to start putting him in 4's at night because the last couple nights he's leaked out of his diaper and peed on me by 4AM, which isn't fun...



















LOOK at those LEGS!

No comments:

Post a Comment