10.13.2015

6 months

Aiden is 6 months old. Thats like, half of a year. So sad. But I do love to see how much he is growing and changing! We had his 6 month appointment yesterday, he's weighing in at 20 pounds 15 ounces and 28 1/4 inches which are both 93rd percentile. He's a big boy!! He loves his doctor and always does so good. He hates getting shots, poor thing was building up the biggest scream.. I kept waiting for him to take a breath. He got his first flu shot so we have to go back in 4 weeks to get a booster. I am so grateful for vaccines.


He is extremely vocal and is always kicking his legs.  He tries to sit up and if he's at an angle he can, he grabs everything he can reach and chews furiously on it, although we aren't seeing any teeth.  He loves to chew on his Sophie giraffe and Fawn teethers. (Did you guys know Sophie has a cousin?!) I have several different gel ones and he gets bored and throws them after a minute or two. I did stick a pacifier in the freezer the other day and he was intrigued by that. He's liking pacifiers less and less. I think by Christmas at the latest we will be done with them, probably closer to Thanksgiving.




His flat spot is hardly noticeable now, the doctor says he for sure won't need a helmet, which I am so glad! His right testicle still hasn't descended, the doctor could feel it up in the canal while pressing around when he was a few months old but he can't find it now, so we have an appointment to see a pediatric urologist in December.. apparently they stay pretty booked out.  He said this only happens to about 2% of baby boys, and if it hasn't dropped by the appointment (which he doesn't think it will) then Aiden will have to have a surgery to bring it down into the scrotum.  We keep telling him to get his ball down but he doesn't listen ;)


The past couple weeks have been rough as far as sleeping goes. We stopped giving him the zantac for a while because he did good the first few days then it was back with full force, not sleeping, screaming while he eats, not taking a bottle well, etc. But after talking to the doctor yesterday he thinks we should put him back on it and up the dose a little more to better suit his weight (fatty).  Two nights ago he went to bed about 9, woke up when I tried to lay him down at 10, screamed and fought sleep until after 11, slept till 2, was up until 5, slept until 6:15 then was up for the day. OMG I wanted to die.  The night before that he did the same slept from 9-10:30, I had to walk around the block outside until 11:30, laid him down where he proceeded to wake up hysterical, walked outside until 12:15, sat him on my lap and rocked in the chair while we watched Flip or Flop and he eventually passed out at 1, woke up at 3, 5, and was up for the day by 7... This kid. I tell you what. He needs to figure out what sleep is.


He is always such a good boy when we go out, I usually put him in my Ergo but sometimes I don't want to pack fatty so I have started putting him in carts.  He's not quite tall enough for the little seatbelts (which barely fit around his gut anyway) so I just bring a blanket to put under his bum. He quite likes sitting up in the cart and looking around.  The other day we were at Target and he kept making this funny face and scrunching up his chin, he would not relax it and I was laughing so hard. When mom goes out with him she packs him around, she had to get some paint at Lowes and said he was assaulting her with the paint stick while she was trying to carry him in one hand and the paint and other stuff in the other. I can only imagine!






















We went to visit Butch and Nancy and have some dinner, for dessert they had pumpkin chocolate chip cookies and Butch pretended to give some to Aiden, well he reached his fat little hand out and crushed it! It was hilarious, Butch was trying to get all the little pieces out of his hand so he couldn't get any.




















Emma is warming up to Aiden, although she is still very cautious around him. I don't think she likes the fact she's not the little baby any more ha ha. She will come up to him when I'm holding him on my lap and start jabbering to him, occasionally  reaching out to touch him. He just looks and her and giggles. It's so funny to see them together how they both act. The other day mom was packing both of them, Emma was fine as long as he wasn't touching her, but then he reached out for her blanket and she was NOT happy about that.




















Preston is doing good, his Jeep is coming along. He is almost ready to take the body to get it painted, then he can put it on the frame and next up is wiring the car which will be difficult from my understanding.  Poor kid hasn't had a break, every step he's come across his part is either broken or worn down too much, and they either don't make the part, it's always out of stock, or its super expensive.. He's been really discouraged and wanted to just throw in the towel but mom and I just remind him how fun it will be when it's all done.

I'm doing ok, I'm consistently losing 1-2 pounds every week or two, which is great considering I am not even trying. Ha!  I'm going to really be committed starting now though, especially because I signed up for the Ogden Half Marathon in May! I'm super excited, it was the first half marathon course I ran and I LOVED it.  It is so pretty and it's all flat or downhill which I do the best at.  Last time I was sick with the Flu and I hadn't sufficiently trained, so I'm starting now so I'll be ready. I want to lose at least 17 pounds by Christmas, and another 20 by the half marathon in May, It is very doable and I wanted a realistic goal so I don't get discouraged.  If I lose more (which I'm hoping I will) then that will be that much more motivation!

The other day I came home from my moms and had to go to the bathroom so bad, so I set him down on his bouncy horse and even thought to myself that I should move it away from my plant stand, but then I thought no he couldn't reach back and grab it... well sure enough I heard a loud crash so I came running out and he just looked at me then grabbed the cloth on the little table and started waving it around.. The pot surprisingly didn't break and he didn't cry but he wasn't sure what to think. I am so glad it didn't fall on the little stinker. There was dirt everywhere, including all down his back and in his pants. Such a boy.


And to leave with the best part of the week... Preston got up with him before he left for work, changed his bum then put him in his exersaucer. I came out and was talking to him while I made some toast, and 15 min after preston left I picked him up and thought I felt something warm on his back.. it was a full blow out status.. right after Preston left and changed him!! It's like he was waiting for me. Smooth Aiden. Real smooth.  That crap was everywhere. This happened to me twice within a few days. Rude. 





No comments:

Post a Comment