When we got home I laid everything out and updated my playlist, being in bed by around 10. 6 came way too early but I was up. I stared at my clothes for 10 minutes wondering what I got myself into and contemplated texting Jamie telling her I couldn't do it. We got to the park, got on the bus, and the next thing we knew we were standing in the 37 degree weather with hundreds of other crazy people waiting to start. We actually started off really strong, right around an 11 minute mile for the first 2 miles or so; then, it came.. That terrible feeling of everything "moving along" down there, and I knew I had to go to the bathroom. Thankfully they had aid stations every 2 miles so we stopped and I had burning diarrhea. Great. It was run/walk and Jamie had WAY too much energy. Singing Journey, running circles around me, and all I could think about was where the hell was the next bathroom, because I swear it was longer than 2 miles since the last one.
I was doubting myself the whole time from about mile 4 to the finish, and every time I saw a cop patrolling the course I wanted to yell at them to drive me to the finish line, but I kept thinking of how many people knew I was running, and I didn't want to say oh yeah well I didn't finish because I was tired and fat and didn't train. NOPE! We got to the last kilometer no thanks to the staff who announced it and Jamie had a bright idea to run the rest of the way, it was tough but we did it!
When I left work on Friday morning at 1 there was SNOW on my car. It's way too soon for snow! It was the heavy sleety stuff too, and I thought it was funny that when I got home there wasn't any at our house.. Oh how I'm not excited for that.
We went up to the cabin for conference weekend, it was SO COLD! About 40 degrees while we were there, dropping to 20 in the night. Luckily the fire was keeping the living room warm, but I was so cold sleeping, I kept scooting closer to Preston, and his dad snored so I didn't get much sleep. I was stressing all day Sunday about having to work that night, I only slept about 6 hours and had to be up for over 24. Yuck. It was fun going up though, being around family and of course the food his grandma cooks. We had peach cobbler and the breakfast is always my favorite. Preston was in charge of the fire and he gets a little too excited sometimes. He loves fire...


Good job ky! Sorry you were sick though... That's a horrible feeling. We are proud you kept going and didn't give up!
ReplyDeleteThanks! I want to just one run half and not have diarrhea!!!
ReplyDelete