8.15.2013

August

Our actual anniversary was Tuesday, we had the day off together.  I went to class that morning, and we got home and just hung out and played with the cats while we waited for his parents to come over, they wanted to bring us a gift.  After they left we headed for Salt Lake City to go eat at the Spaghetti Factory and we just walked around Trolley Square and The Gateway for a bit. It was nice to just relax and be together. We thought about seeing a movie but Preston worked the next morning, so we just headed home.

He was fascinated at the Planetarium :) 

On Friday we went to Provo to go to Seven peaks, stay the night down there, and go back to swim more on Saturday. I checked the weather and it was supposed to be good, but of course it was overcast and windy when we got down there. We decided not to swim because even though it wasn't that cold, once we were wet we knew we'd freeze. So we went back to the hotel, sat by the pool for a bit there, went to get ice cream at Coldstone, and that night we rented a movie and got Cafe Rio. It was nice to get away and just relax. I'm all about being relaxed and not going going going all the time for a change :) Preston ended up getting this HUGE ice cream with a dipped waffle cone and he was still full by the time we got dinner! Silly boy


The next morning we got up, went to breakfast at Denny's, and headed to the waterpark!


Kate has gone to North Shore by our house a lot this summer, and usually i'm working but it worked out where Preston and I both had the day off and mom was going, so we went and hung out. Sophie loves Preston and it's so adorable. He loved taking her down the big blue slide




The wall is all out as well as the carpet and padding in the gym room downstairs. We just need to frame it, insulate it, and sheetrock it. I have picked out some floor matting that I want to order and then we will set it up super nice down there :) We're thinking about getting a small TV to mount in the corner for workout DVD's.


Our garden has been giving us lots of yummy tomatoes and cucumbers, I picked a squash the other day as well. When we went to Provo for our anniversary we stopped at Preston's grandparents house to say hi and they gave us a bunch of zucchini, some onions, potatoes, bell peppers, and cucumbers as well. I'm super excited to be eating all of these yummy veggies. There's just something about it being home grown that makes it that much better... 

No comments:

Post a Comment