7.19.2013

July

Well the 10K went pretty well. I was so not in the mood for it at first, but it was fun.  We got all decked out in glow sticks and Heather took pictures and waited for us at the finish line. I was worried I wouldn't be able to run at all because I haven't really worked out since the half, but I actually held my same pace as the half, which I was sick and in shape then... but oh well, I'm still proud I finished!  Last year we ran a midnight one put on by the same company and it ended up being 8 miles instead of 6.2... Well they did it yet again this year! Except it was more like 8.75 miles. I was so mad. 

I had my hair in a messy bun and I got several compliments on my glow sticks :) 


Comparison picture, last year vs. this year. 
Heather was awesome afterwards and got us plenty of snacks. She managed to grab a whole bunch of bananas, several drinks and cotton candies, and her bag had a bunch of the mini fat boy ice cream sandwiches in it. Ha ha! To be fair there were four of us ;) 

 So today we were planning on going boating but when we woke up it was thundering and raining.  Charlie knows exactly what drawer has the treats and toys in it, even if I open the other drawer he comes running into the room and meowing. So entertaining. ( I love Prestons bed hair, this picture doesn't do it justice)



I woke up the other day to a huge rainstorm and remembered my laundry was hanging outside! Oops! I just left them and that night they were dry and had that amazing smell of rain in them :) I love hanging our clothes. Our neighbor asked us at church if our dryer was broken haha. I just like the way the whites are whiter and they always smell so good and fresh when we line dry them. I do however fluff the towels afterwards or else they're not soft. 

Our garden is doing fabulous. We have a squash, i've seen a few baby cucumbers, and TONS of peas! Mmmm I love peas. Mom and I just sit out there and eat them as we pick them. The tomato plants are giant and there are several green tomatoes on there. Sophie and Kate came over today and mom fed her the first cherry tomato. Ha oh well. Mom ate the first pea pod.. But I did get a picture of the second ripe tomato! Woo! I'm so proud of our little garden

2 comments:

  1. I am impressed with how handy you all are and that you are doing it all yourselves

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aw thanks! It's definitely stressful and a lot of hard work thats for sure! I am to the point where I can't wait to be done.

    ReplyDelete