4.02.2012

April

It was Addy's Birthday on the 1st so we had a party at her house. She's the big 18! Whoo go Addy your officially old :) haha! Her mom found these candles that re light when you blow them out.. it was so funny! Yummy red velvet cheesecake of course.. she had a bowl of strawberries. She is so strong and never gives in to bad food. I don't know how she does it, but I sure do look up to her for it.. We had chef salads and pizza and I made my poppyseed dressing, everyone went crazy. It was so funny :) I printed off the recipe and the bottle was gone in minutes!

Rachel Came over last week for a girls night in. It was nice to have a girl to hang out with, it seems like it's been way too long! We attempted these mint brownies from OBB but they didn't really turn out.. the brownie part at least didn't. The top crusted and cooked but the whole inside was raw. So I took the top layer off and we ate it. It was amazing, It tasted like the sugary part of a pop tart, you know the top half? It was so good! Larry was his usual self and Rachel got some funny shots of him.







I can't wait for the semester to end. It's over for both of us for two weeks on my birthday. I can't wait to have a little break. Then the first week of May is VEGAS! Whoo! I've taken over 20 credit hours of school this semester.. it's crazy, I can't believe I've done that much at one time before, but I just want to be done!

Here's some other random pictures.. We put the cord from our bedroom tv in the wall so you can't see it, and in the process Larry decided to stick his head in the holes.. it was pretty entertaining, the little bum took his head out by the time I got my camera though.

Here's my lovely yummy salad I could eat every day of my life  I swear.. romaine lettuce, avocado, tomato, cucumber, and my favorite poppyseed dressing!

We went to IKEA a few weeks ago and I love that store! I want my kitchen from there.. heck I want my whole house from there! I love it. Preston loves the couches :) 




Anyways. It has sure warmed up! In other words, It's skipped spring and gone from 55 to 90 in a day I swear. It was SO hot today. A week or so ago Preston and I broke out the bikes and went for a ride on the bike path by our house. It was so much fun. I love biking. We went only 8 miles, but it felt great and relaxing. I love it!

Our date for April was a couples massage, I've never had one before and It was so weird to me at first, but it felt SO good. The massage therapist said I'd be thirsty and get sick if I didn't drink a lot of water and I could sure tell, I swear I drank two gallons that night!

My birthday was on the 16th. I am officially grown up, ha ha!  We had a dinner at my in laws house on Sunday. It was fun to get everyone together. We had some way good sandwiches and I made the best strawberries and cream pie ever. It was delicious. Larry of course came with us, and it was fun to get together with both of our families!







My dad made me a cool metal bookshelf that I showed him a picture of.  It amazes me how handy he is, I'm so lucky!  For my actual birthday on Monday Preston had his last day of class at 6, so I got my massage, then afterwards we went to visit our moms at their work, roamed the DI for a minute, and ate brunch at Sills cafe. OH MY GOODNESS. It's the best breakfast food I've ever eaten. We were both so full but it was so good we couldn't even stop eating it..
That evening we went to get ice cream before seeing Titanic in 3D. I got cake batter and cheesecake, my two favorites! Preston got a mint and chocolate, It was such a good day!

I babysat Sophie last week and we had so much fun hanging out at her house, but when I got bored we went to our house. I sure love this girl, I can't believe how big she is now! We went to the slide and the swing to play and she was so dang cute. 



I'm so excited for the summertime. I have officially switched to my new schedule (2 days, 1 night) and I love it. I thought I'd have such a hard time switching over to getting up at 4AM but I'm doing good. I love that when I get off work I can go to the gym or hang out and relax without being dead tired. I do worry about only being part time, but I've budgeted out everything really well and if I can stick to it we'll be great. We can even add money to our savings AND cruise fund ;) Life is good <3
Here are some more randoms: Adventures at the park with Larry, and my new laptop decal!




No comments:

Post a Comment