What a fun week it has been! Last Sunday we went over to Preston's parents house for dinner and I played with Ned (the bunny). He's so cute! Larry didn't really like him.. or the fact that I gave him attention. He's such a funny kitty.
We left Larry at Lisa's house and went to Kate's to sleep for our Vegas trip Monday morning! We were watching her that night and then driving down to meet Kate and Kale in Vegas! Mom had already put Sophie in her crib and we anxiously laid down to try and sleep. Sophie woke up at around 2:30 so I went in and got her bottle for her. We woke up around 8, so we got ready and we were off! We stopped to get breakfast at McDonalds and Sophie kept saying 'apple juice' over and over. She was happy to get it!
She was SO good the whole drive down! I didn't know what to expect,
she hasn't really warmed up to Preston quite yet.
Preston was all geared up when he got his dew.
Kate planned a whole surprise trip for Kale's birthday. They just landed in Vegas and he had no clue we were around the corner! We met up right as we were all walking into the hotel and seeing Sophie and Kale's faces were priceless! We got checked in to our room and started unloading some of our stuff. It was really warm down there, mid 90's the whole week! Kate brought a ton of treats:
After we got all settled we went to New York New York to get Kale's favorite pizza and walk through the Arcade with Sophie. Preston and I rode the roller coaster, it was really fun, a lot bumpier than I remember..
The next day we went to the M&M and coke stores. It was really fun to walk around. I was excited to show preston the wall of colors because he's never even really been to Vegas, just stopping through on the way to California. Sophie saw the giant M&M and didn't like him at all!
He found his favorite! Peanut butter.. yum!
Hanging out at the Bellagio waiting for the fountains was fun! Sophie was running around all hyped up, she didn't really like all of the noise once the show started though, she was covering her ears. Ha!
We went swimming at the pool in the hotel and it was way fun! There was a kid pool that was shallow enough for Sophie to play in, she loved the fountains! Kate and Kale were sunburnt from the cruise so they didn't like being in the hot pool so much, but It was so nice!
That night we got Sophie to sleep but weren't tired so we created a cave for her... It was so darling seeing her sleep. Kate said not to have our flash on taking a picture of her but she did it herself. ha! Good thing she didn't wake up! It randomly stormed that night and there was such bright lightning and loud thunder, every time Sophie would make a noise we'd hurry and turn off the light and sit really quiet. It was way funny. Kate taught us how to play poker/black jack. It was really fun hanging out and gambling with raisinettes!
Kate, Kale, and Sophie went home Wednesday but Preston and I stayed until Friday. We walked around to pretty much every hotel on the strip. It was so exhausting but so fun! I love the gardens at the Bellagio! I've always wanted to see the Eiffel tower and this being about as close as I'll probably ever get..I'm really okay with that! It was fun seeing different shows and people watching! We also went to the pawn shop that is on Pawn Stars. It was a lot smaller and different than what I expected, but it was way cool to go there!
The last night we were there we went up into the Stratosphere tower, I've never been up there before, it was really cool to see all of the amazing views! We stayed in their hotel so we got unlimited free access which was nice. We were watching the people who would free fall with harnesses off of the top of the tower, it was INSANE! I can't even imagine doing that! One girl was hyperventilating and eventually just walked backwards off the platform, I think that'd be even worse!
We didn't want to go home Friday, really dreading the drive. It's just so boring! It wasn't too bad, I drove the whole way because Preston drove down. We got a gallon of water and refilled our bottles because we were always so thirsty, this is his art of trying not to spill!
It felt so good to be home, we had so much mail!! We went to Outback Steakhouse when we got home, Preston hasn't ever been there before! It's his new favorite :) It was good to see Larry. Apparently he was really naughty about clawing things, but he's better now! I bet he just missed us.
Now on to the most exciting news... Preston got a NEW CAR! When we got his car registered they said his struts were just starting to "seep fluid" and in the next year or two we'd have to replace them.. $1,000+. So I told Preston now's a good of a time as ever to get him the car he really wants while we can afford it. (and so I don't have to hear about Evo's once a week on KSL) So we searched and found one we liked. They hold their value really really well, so they don't come cheap. It's a 2006 and we paid $20,000, but it only has 41,000 miles on it which is good! We picked it up this morning and Preston is so excited! I'm glad he got what he wanted, I remember how long I wanted a Mazda and how excited I was when I got mine.
On Saturday we drove into the city and walked around the piers and Fisherman's Wharf. I took a bunch of pictures but my memory card deleted them, I'm really sad about it! We saw Jones street and posed under it, took some pictures in front of the beach/bridge, and walked around the Ghiridelli square. We got some tourist T-Shirts, a bug robot that rolls around the floor for larry, and a magnent to add to our collection :) We rented another movie of which Patty passed out.. ahem(again) and enjoyed relaxing :)
On Sunday we did what I was most looking forward to:
The Cheesecake Factory!! :D
I got Banana cream, Preston got some huge peanut butter cup chocolate amazing-ness, Kaitlyn got cookie dough, and Patty got raspberry!
It was delicious! Neither of us had ever been there before, it was awesome to see and the food was SO good. I had a turkey and avocado sandwich and Preston had enchiladas. We were all stuffed afterwards but me and Kait went shopping (browsing mostly) around the plaza area while Patty and Preston sat :) She said if she wasn't in a dress she'd be sprawled out with her legs on the bench, I told her she should do it anyways! ha ha. There was a huge dog fair going on and we walked around for a minute. It was fun to see all the cute dogs getting baths, being adopted, and here were kitties too :) I wanted to bring one home, but Preston objected.. haha!
That evening we went to A friend of Patty's for dinner and visited, it was fun, good company to be with. We said our sad goodbyes at about 9 and hit the road. It was a LONG drive back. Still only 10 hours but man I was tired, I drove first so Preston could sleep and I only made it 4 hours before having to switch. The canyon on the border is over an hour long, so that kept me awake. I slept for a couple hours and we got breakfast and were able to get home at about 10AM. We hung out, watched tv, and tried to sleep but couldn't. Preston had school that night and I did not want to go to work! We got home to see Larry, who by the way doesn't like Preston's new car at all! It's so funny, but kind of sad. He gets all frantic, and lays across the back of Preston's neck the whole time ha ha.
I was uploading pictures the other day and saw some of Prestons mission pics still on the memory card, so I thought I'd post a few because he's just so dang handsome! I love this boy so much, I'm so grateful that he's all mine for eternity, I don't know how I got so lucky because he is so patient and kind to me, it's crazy sometimes..



















I love seeing your other pics from Vegas! That was so much fun - thanks for helping make it such a great trip.
ReplyDelete