3.02.2012

March 2012

Grandpa was in the hospital for a few weeks, and now he's home, but not any better.  Poor mom is with him 24/7, She's such a good daughter, never giving up.  I'm not ready for him to go, but at the same time I am.. I just don't want to see him live like this, it's not a way to live, and I know he must miss grandma, I know I sure do.. Sweet grandpa. I love him so much.


School is..well..school.. It's midterms now and I'm so ready to be done with the semester! I had to take my math test twice, which math in general stresses me out, and I have no clue how i'm going to pass my next physics test, but I am sure going to try. I am glad I have Preston, he's such a great support system with that stuff. 

He's doing good in his so far, about average, he has to get 90's on the rest of the tests to pass the class because you have to have an average of 85 in the overall class I guess. Lets hope he can do it! I know he can if he really tries. He's getting sad, claiming he's getting a fat pouch and love handles.. but I can't get him to the gym! :) hah. Guess he's not too concerned, he's thin, always has been, always will be.. so not fair. 


 Larry is still wild!  I got a batch of whites out of the dryer and he burrowed in the basket because they were still warm. He can be so cute when he wants to be... other time's he's so naughty!  He knocks things off the dresser/desk, and drinks out of our poor beta fish bowl, the other day he drank like half of it! I wish he would learn.. he still claws our mattress under our headboard and the carpet by our door too.  The other day we were talking to Preston's parents about it and how mom suggested we get a kennel for him, well they actually had one! So it's in our pantry, we just leave the door open and lock him in the kennel. Its so nice to be able to sleep through the night again.. He whines but if we close our door we can't really hear him. I hope he will get used to it, we try and let him out and he just claws everything so he goes right back in. Oh larry...

He's so weird too, he loves sitting on the edge of the shower and watching you while you're in there, half the time he lets his tail hang down by the water and it gets all wet too.  Even when we're in the kitchen, he freaks out when you turn the sink on.  Not to mention other things.. like his love for broccoli, and lettuce, goodness he's weird. Ha.

                        Date nights!! (January we did chocolate fondue, didn't take any pictures!) 
This was our date for February, it says "A slumber party for 2! Lets change into something comfy, pile our pillows and blankets on the floor and stay up late! No party is without food, treats, games, and movie! This comes with "marriage perks" so don't fall asleep early!" It was so fun taking the quizzes, really surprising what you do/don't know about each other! 

For March it says: "Lets take this date night to new heights!  You and I have a date with a rock wall.  I'll spot you if you spot me :)"  It was so fun! I'm not much of a climber, and I'm terrified of heights, but Preston had never been before and loved it.  He kept tying to make me go higher.. I wouldn't go much more than like 12 feet ha ha. We couldn't believe how sore our hands got! Afterwards we went to Bistro 258 on 25th street in Ogden for dinner, and it was AMAZING. We got a crab dip appetizer (sounds not very good.. but it was so cheesy and delicious. Couldn't hardly taste crab) as well as a small salad, then our entree were some huge steaks with the best mashed potatoes and steamed veggies I've ever eaten. It's our new favorite dinner place, hands down. I want to go back... yum. 







I chopped my hair!! I've been terrified of having my hair short, because looking back at pictures when I was younger I don't like it nearly as much as having it long.  I went in to see Terri at master cuts, and told her that I trust her and to just make it look good!  All I said was I wanted layers and some of my bangs back. She chopped 8 or 9 inches off! Crazy. I wish I would've known and I would have just donated it to locks of love, but anyways - I love the change!


On Sunday we celebrated my sweet mother-in-laws birthday.  Amelia and I decided to get together that morning and make a yummy cake and some garlic bread/salad/cut up fruit for dinner (Ken was getting pizza!).  I worked Saturday night but slept for a few hours until Amelia came over and we made a chocolate cake all from scratch.  I love our best bites, and found this recipe on there! It turned out SO good! We of course added our own touches...

In the process of frosting it.. The frosting didn't set up like it should've 
so we added powdered sugar and it worked great! 

The finished product! 

On Wednesday we went to Get Air in Roy. It's like a giant trampoline warehouse with a foam pit and stuff. I had a groupon (addicted to that website) a while back that was expiring, which I got for Preston and I with all of his siblings. It was a blast. 



It was so fun. I want to go there more often. Having a get together with all his siblings was fun too! Don't know why I don't have any pictures of Quinton in here..

Thursday I had school and came home and was folding laundry and thinking about the can of frosting left over from some amazing cupcakes Amelia and I made on Wednesday, which by the way were white cake cupcakes filled with chocolate chip cookie dough and covered in chocolate frosting. It sounds weird but they were so good! I love baking... Anyways, I was thinking about that dang frosting and how I should drag my butt to cycle when Kate text me wanting to go for a run. I turned to Preston who was getting ready for work and said I didn't want to and he told me to get my butt changed.. ha what a good motivator... Even though I know he just likes the way my bum looks in them :) 



We went for a run on the Ogden River Parkway.  I haven't been running in forever, so it was a nice change! One evening while Preston was at school we met up and went trail running on the mountain where she claimed the trails were "flat".. not really, she tried to kill me.. but had good intentions, so it's okay. We took some pretty funny pictures up there too:


We took our men out to Chilis that night after working out.  We ate healthy, don't worry ha ha!
In other news...we just booked our second cruise with Preston's parents! I am SO excited! I absolutely love cruises and can't wait to go. We're going December 2nd for a week to Mexico, we're going to drive to California the day before. His mom is funny, she says she's claustrophobic so she has to have a balcony room, so we got one too :) We're going to Cabo and Puerto Vallarta, and are planning to go horseback riding as one of our excursions. I'm super excited! 

We also have a trip planned to go to Vegas in May as a little vacation between semesters. We're going to stay in the Stratosphere hotel for a few nights. I hope that we can go see a Cirque De Soleil show. I've seen KA before and it was really cool. I want to see Mystere or O but I know O is ridiculously expensive.. so we're shooting for Mystere. We shall see :) 

The other day Preston was helping me cut up a cantaloupe while I made Banana bread and Larry decided to eat the guts and seeds.. turns out he LOVES cantaloupe.. he's so weird. 

1 comment:

  1. Love your room, looks like you changed it around! The comforter is cute.

    Had fun working out with you too, that was so funny!

    Good job on your weightless, you look great. Your new haircut is adorable too, I really like that length on you and your hair looks SOOO healthy! Cute Ky!

    ReplyDelete