Here is our January in pictures because again, I suck at blogging.
Emmett turned 6 months old on the 15th... WHAT! I can't even believe it. I mean I can because it's been a long 6 months ha ha. He can sit up on his own for a minute or two but still falls over. He still likes to sit in his bumbo (mostly in the mornings while I make breakfast), he likes the exersaucer for a minute and his favorite toy is his banana toothbrush teether. He loves to laugh at Aiden, be held by me, blow bubbles, and play with his feet. He weighs 19lbs 2oz and is 27.5 inches long. Which I was surprised to find out he's over a pound smaller than Aiden was at this age!
He is such a sweet boy, SUPER clingy to me. It's ridiculous people. Someone else can be holding him while he's screaming his head off, red faced, tears streaming down his face, they'll hand him to me and he will instantly stop, look over at whoever had him and I swear he gives them a dirty look. He doesn't let me put him down much at all without crying. He most definitely can't be left alone in a room or he totally loses it. My babies love me that's for sure ha ha!
As for his sleeping... It just wasn't working. Laying him drowsy but awake was a solid NO, even being dead asleep most of the time I couldn't lay him down or he'd wake up. He was taking 3 naps a day but it was taking a good 20 minutes to get him asleep. Long story short I decided to try CIO (but not really, I'd go in after 5 minutes and hold or comfort him, then 10, and every 10 after that) and transitioning him from 3 naps to 2. It took a solid week of that to get him where he is now but it was so worth it! He basically didn't nap at all for the first several days and he was still up every 1.5-3 hours at night to nurse. I'm happy to say I can now rock him until he starts rubbing/closing his eyes then lay him down and he will sleep anywhere from 1-2.5 hours for both naps and at night he is usually sleeping from 8-4 and then 4-6 ish. Lately it's been a 5 hour stretch instead of 8 but I will take it! He's in 9-12 month clothes and still size 3 diaper but I swear they're getting tight.
Aiden is doing pretty well also. The same day I decided to start sleep training Emmett I started potty training Aiden. I'm crazy I know, but I had to be coming back to work in a few weeks and wanted the worst of it to be over by then. I was originally going to wait to train him until this summer but size 6 diapers aren't really fitting him and I don't want to buy pull ups forever, so we dove right in! The first day was.. interesting. It took 5 hours to get him to even be willing to sit on the potty, and he fought us the whole time. He had one success and several accidents that day, but the next day he only had two accidents - one was when I put underwear on him, and the other was when we had to get dressed and go outside to talk to Brad. The next few days went well as long as he was naked waist down, he even pooped in the potty by day 3 and I was so proud! He won't sit on the little insert that goes on the big toilet, he just holds himself up. I guess I should be glad about that because I've read a lot of kids are afraid of the big potty or have to have help being held up/getting on or off and he does it on his own. It's been almost 2 weeks now and he's still doing ok, but he won't poop in the potty anymore, He holds it until he's got underwear on and goes every time. Poor kid is having as hard of a time as I am being cooped up in the house, especially with this nice weather so I put a pull up on him and we venture out for a while every day. He never pees but almost always poops. He's been waking up dry in the morning though so that is good! Overall I am really proud of him and think he's done awesome, like mom said kids just have a harder time with their bowels and it takes a bit longer. We did go to Grandma Lisas house that next Sunday - our one week mark, and he wouldn't sit on the potty and had an accident so that was frustrating. A lot of times he fights me on it and says he's "too afraid" to sit on it. I don't know if it's just a privacy thing for him or he's stubborn. Probably both. He will get it, no going back now.
I officially am back to work full time as of the 8th. I don't remember if I've posted about it before or not, but I'm working on the ACT at ORMC and am really excited about it! It's detox instead of psych and I am really needing a change from that. I have enjoyed working psych and have done it for a few years off and on but it's SO exhausting mentally. It's really hard to be around that and I was just not ever looking forward to work at all anymore so I knew I needed a change. This job has been such a blessing, not only am I making more money, but it's closer, and since It's a brand new unit they haven't opened it until now. I actually got the job back in November and I did a few days of orientation between now and then but we haven't been required to do anything else unless we wanted hours. The unit still isn't open so we're upstairs where the old one was for another week or two, but I'm excited to see how it will all work out!
I can't say I love working full time because I don't, but 3 days is much better than 5 and I'm hoping in the next year or so when we are settled into our house I can drop down to part time. Ideally I want to eventually work just one day a week. I think I'm just one of those people who functions better when I have an out. I mean I would be fine with just shopping once or twice a week for several hours but I can't afford it hahahaha! Really though, the adult interaction and time away from my babies just makes me such a better mother. It helps me to not lose my patience, and appreciate the time with them even more. I also feel better knowing that I am contributing financially, these past few months while I was off work I used money I had saved up to compensate for not working, but once that ran out I found myself feeling guilty when I'd spend money on stuff for myself (my rae dunn addiction) or things for the boys. I can't wait to get back into the swing of things, but I have loooved being able to spend the first 6 months home with Emmett and Aiden.
We celebrated Prestons birthday last week. He's 29.. I'm officially married to an old man! We also got to welcome our nephew Jackson into the world on the 21st! He is such a sweet little thing, and so so long!
No comments:
Post a Comment