I took Aiden to the new aquarium in the Layton mall a few weeks ago, I have to say I was disappointed. It's just about the same price as the one in draper but it has way less stuff. The line was forever long for the bird area and neither of us really wanted to wait so we bypassed that, Aiden still had fun but I am glad I didn't buy a season pass, they're discounted if you bank at America First so I thought about it but it wouldn't have been worth it. Next time we'll drive to Draper.
We celebrated Emmas third birthday, I can't believe she's three! Mom ordered the cutest monster cake and despite specifying she wanted the girl one they did it in boy colors.. but Emma didn't mind ;) Aiden quite liked eating a cupcake and it was nice to hang out as a family and celebrate such a sweet girl!
Aiden still loves being outside and will spend all day out if we let him, he's already got quite the farmers tan going on! I try to spray sunscreen on him when I remember but it's hard to with my pregnancy brain ha ha. After it had rained he found grandpas tractor bucket full of mud and went to town painting the wheels with it. He's always so busy!
So a few weeks ago moms wood floor was buckling from the sink area almost all the way across to the fridge, and after doing some research the sink was linking under the cabinet, so she's got to wait for the floor to go back from cupping and then get it replaced and refinished. Then of course right after that the dishwasher stopped working... She just got a new one barely over a year ago, paying more for the nicer whirlpool American made one. She paid about $500 for it and because this particular kind has a "special" motor it's $450 to fix it.. SO frustrating. So she's just going to buy a new one but it's just so ridiculous! Aiden quite enjoyed watching the repair man look at it and laid down when he did, each time inching a little bit closer ha ha.
He has a particular small yellow tractor he's obsessed with, and the bucket broke on it but he insisted we fix it over and over so mom bought a pack of 5 that are really similar... well now he's just got to have all 5 with him ALL the time. We've gotten him down to one or two now but he was sleeping with them, bathing with them, had to have them in the car, in the store... this kid.
My birthday fell on Easter this year, but since Mom and Preston got work off for Aidens party they both worked the weekend of mine. Aiden and I just hung out with grandpa who just had a knee replacement two weeks before. He opened his Easter basket and got some bubbles, bubble bath, Moana, his favorite drink, and some small treats.
Dads and Jeffs birthday is this week, so to celebrate mine and dads we went to Kobe this week for dinner. It was so yummy and Aiden loved to watch the chef cook dinner.
He's fought naps like nobody's business for the last several weeks, but when he doesn't nap he can't keep himself awake past about 5PM (like in the picture on the right). But if we put him in the swing he falls asleep, then we have to carry him ever so carefully into our room, lay down with him on our bed, and sneak out without waking him up. Ha ha. It's as fun as it sounds.. especially being pregnant and having no ab strength to sit up. But the positive thing is everytime I've laid him down he has slept for 2-2.5 hours, sometimes I have to wake him up because it's so late.
Yesterday we were outside, Aiden was playing around with his tractors like he does and I was working on some furniture. I usually peek out and check on him every few minutes, he was in the front yard feeding the horses through the grass, so I stained a side of the dresser (takes 2 min) and checked on him again. He was still out there so I stained another side and checked again - he was over on the other side of the front yard. Stained the top which takes the longest (maybe 3-4 min) and couldn't see him. I always get anxious when I don't know where he is, especially when they're in the back field working on the roads... So I called his name and walked over where I saw him last.. still no sign of him (or the horses for this matter) so I kept walking around the house calling him, checked the house garage again, checked out by the garden where he usually is, checked in the big garage, nothing. At this point I was ready to call my mom in a full blown panic when I heard him yell. I walked over to the corner of the pasture where the horses feeders are and he was standing there stuck in the mud yelling at me to come get him out. I was so mad at him ha ha! I just kept thinking what if the horses had gotten spooked and trampled him, or he was out with the tractors, always assuming the worst.
Thankfully the horses are always super mellow around him and don't mind that he's there, and he's usually really good about staying close by, he's only gone out into the back pasture once and after grandma swatted his bum he hasn't gone out since ha ha.
I've gotten down some of the furniture for our house to refinish... finally! I've got a dresser for Aiden to do, a dining table and chairs, a buffet, three end tables for the living room, two dressers for our room, I'm watching for another dresser for baby #2, nightstands for our room, and a couple of other pieces if I remember right... holy crap! Most of them I want to do white/off white but I want to do a color for our room. I found the coolest set ever that is this awful green, it also has a frame to put a mirror in which has a cool shape. I've sanded and primed them but can't for the life of me decide on a color. Our walls will be a soft grey, our headboard is grey, I'll have a white comforter, so I so love how white pieces turn out when I refinish them, but don't want my whole house to be grey and white... so I'm thinking a turquoise but I have to find one I really love. I love seeing the progress so far though! They will be gorgeous, I can't even wait!
No comments:
Post a Comment