After we ate and visited, he opened his presents. I didn't want him to get a ton of toys, so when people asked what to get him I thought of some other things he needed and could use instead. He got a lot of great things, and just the right amount of toys! His great grandma and grandpa Over went in on the tramp with us, and got him a huge tractor (which he's obsessed with and didn't want to open anything else!), he got a darling M&D truck and trailer toy, an outdoor water activity table, I got him a go go smart wheels track set, he got another 2 foot JD tractor, some more play tools, shoes, books, hats, and money! I've really embraced this whole minimalist thing and I am loving it. He has a handful of larger toys in his closet he regularly plays with, and lots of smaller trucks and tractors, but not much else other than that. It's been nice putting things away in totes for a few months then switching things out. I don't want to get so many toys that by the time our house is done the play room is packed with toys that they wont ever play with!
Anyways. After he opened some presents we went outside to see Prestons jeep and show it off to his family. He's worked so hard on that thing and is almost to the point of priming and painting it. He took everyone for a ride around in the field, and they all loved it! I am so so sad that I didn't get out there quick enough to get a picture of him and his grandpa in the jeep, so we will definitely have to get another one. Aiden and Haven played with some of his outdoor toys and Aiden took her for a ride in his John Deere ;) It was the cutest thing, I was just dying. They are so sweet!
Overall it was such a fun day and I am grateful for everyone who came. I still can't believe my baby is two and soon I'll have another baby in my arms, I can't imagine loving someone else as much as I love Aiden! It is so bittersweet. On Monday he had his two year checkup, he loves his doctor and always does so good. He compliments him on how still he sits and I'm sure it's part fear and part curiosity as to what the doctor is doing, ha ha. He weighs 29.7 pounds (67th percentile) and is 35.8 inches tall (88th percentile) I was actually surprised to see the percentile on his weight, he is just solid muscle! We got his haircut for his party too and it's so much shorter, but he looks so sweet, between that and the freckles he has on his nose and cheeks he reminds me EXACTLY like Jeff when he was little in his pictures, it's crazy.
No comments:
Post a Comment