2.12.2017

Coming in August!

We are so excited to officially announce another addition to the family!  We have talked a lot about how far we wanted to space our kids, I have thought about it a LOT over the last 6 months.  I don't want them so far apart that they aren't close when they're older, but I don't want them too close together that I get overwhelmed as a mother either (who am I kidding, ha!)  I liked that the kids in my family were spaced 3 years apart, but with a boy being in the middle Kate and I are so far apart we didn't get along that well growing up.  We decided 2-3 years apart is what we wanted, which is more like 2.5-3 ha ha.  With Aiden it took us 6 months of trying and tracking everything to get pregnant, and little did we know it was going to be a lot easier with this next one!

I started feeling crappy right before Christmas and after a week of having a constant belly ache I went in thinking it was my gallbladder, little did I know they'd be calling me an hour or so later with my lab results and a big fat congratulations!  I was in the DI with my mom and just started crying when they told me on the phone.  Aiden dropped his truck and started hugging my leg, he was very worried.  It was a shock to say the least. We called Preston and told him and he just kept saying "you're joking, are you sure it's not your gallbladder...?" ha ha. It took a good week or two for it to really sink in for both of us I think.

I had some scares and bleeding, after seeing my doctor I found out I was farther along than I thought (I was off by about 2 weeks) and she found a large hematoma next to the sac with the baby. After a few appointments of keeping an eye on it, I'm back to my regular 4 week visits and am good other than no exercising/strenuous activity whatsoever.  I'm hoping after 16-18 weeks or so she will clear me for light exercising/swimming, but we will see.  Which is funny because I didn't have any desire with Aiden to exercise, but I really want to with this pregnancy. I gained 50 ish pounds the first time and luckily lost 40 of that within the first 4-5 weeks postpartum but am not going to plan on being that fortunate this time around.
I will be 13 weeks tomorrow, Karen asked me what I was feeding this kid because it's growing quick! I jumped ahead 5 days between appointments based on how the baby is measuring, it was funny because Preston told her "oh well that means we get to have a baby sooner!" and she said nope.. that just means you get a bigger baby. Ha great news for me!! I'm really hoping we will get to find out at my next appointment if its a boy or girl. I am dying to know! Preston said he thinks it's a girl, he just doesn't picture another boy. I'm hoping he's right ;)
I don't want to jinx myself but I feel like its a girl too, everything is just so different this time!  With Aiden I was only ever nauseated in the mornings/early afternoons, but this time I'm sick morning and evenings.  It's way worse already having a toddler because I'm SO tired all of the time and have no energy.  Preston is such a great dad and has definitely picked up the slack, coming home from work and helping get Aiden dinner, bathing him, and getting him off to sleep most nights while I'm either puking or wishing I could puke so I'd feel better.  Some nights Aiden will stand up and cry after Preston has laid him down and I'll manage to go in and hold him for a minute, I can tell he just needs his mama. My mom has also been amazing too. When she works her 3 days in a row and comes home I can tell she is just beat tired but she will play with Aiden, watch movies and read books to him, and help with bathing him too. I don't know what we'd do without her, I often feel guilty because I'm sure it's hard enough for her and my dad to have their house taken over by us, but she goes out of her way to help with Aiden too. She truly is amazing. I'm really hoping I start to feel better soon and can get past this first rough part, but until then I am so grateful for all of the help I have.

How far along?  13 weeks (tomorrow)
Baby's size? Size of a lemon, at 12 weeks the doctor guesstimated baby is 3 in. long (counting legs)
Sleep? Sleeping ok for the most part, tossing and turning a lot but Unisom helps!
Currently living in? Yoga pants and t-shirts!
Have you started showing yet? not yet
I'm feeling: sick most days, overwhelmed when I think about everything going on
Food cravings/aversions? Craving chocolate freal shakes and hamburger patties from home, nothing really in particular is making me sick though.
Movement? none yet
Wedding ring on or off? on
Looking forward to: finding out the gender, hopefully only 3 more weeks!!

No comments:

Post a Comment