So last Tuesday Preston and I went to the Temple with Jeff and Averie to do sealings, which was fun until I got a black eye.. ha! When we first sat down the sealer said that if at any point we get nauseated or woozy to let him know and we can stop, and I'm sitting over there thinking psh who gets ill at the Temple? So we'd done about 6 names and he was halfway through the current one when I started feeling sick, I just thought hmm if I have to throw up where do I go? I don't really want to stain this beautiful white carpet, so do I throw up on Preston? Turn and go on Jeff or Averie? Hm. I was so sweaty and could feel it just dripping down my neck. I was trying to concentrate on what the sealer was saying, and he had maybe 2 sentences left so I thought for sure I could make it.. Then I started feeling light headed so I looked across to Preston and just said "I'm going to pass out" and the next thing I knew I was on the floor with my head pounding and Jeff standing over me.. HA!
Preston said after I said that I whispered to him I slowly started leaning forward and he thought I was just laying my head on the altar until I started slumping sideways, so he grabbed my arm and Jeff lunged across the room to grab my other arm and they slowly lowered me to the floor, the whole time my eyes were wide open I guess..Needless to say I just sat the rest of the time and didn't do anymore names..When we got out I said my head hurt and I felt like I had been bleeding or something and when I looked at my face I had a scrape and goose egg on my forehead and a black eye.. fantastic! Ha ha, next time I will make sure they dim the chandelier above the altar because I get way too hot.Mom watched Aiden for us and she said he did really good until he had a meltdown after his bottle so she walked with him outside and he was mesmerized by the flag, he just stared at it for the longest time!
Prestons grandparents came over for dinner the other night and it is always so great to see them. I am so glad they are in our lives and that they get to know Aiden so well. Nancy calls me weekly to see how he is doing and how we are and I love chatting with her. They couldn't believe how big he is either! Our blackberry bush is full right now so I sent her home with a giant bag so she can make some jam. It was a really nice visit.
Today is my first day back at work. I was so sad this morning, and all night last night I just cherished being next to my babe, I felt like I was dying or something today! Ha ha! It's just so weird to explain.. He hasn't been away from me more than a few hours here and there since he was born and to be gone this long is so sad :( I feel like the day is going by pretty fast so far though, I'm halfway done and am excited for him to be brought up to me to feed him and see his sweet face!
I got my old job back at Ogden Clinic.. I just don't want to be a CNA anymore really, and I can't get part time in admissions, so for now I'm PRN at Ogden Clinic and I'll just do both until they give me a part time position in the fall. I think it will be good to go back, I really loved it. The people are all so nice and I enjoyed scheduling. Crossing my fingers things work out!
Preston is doing well, he really likes his job which I am so glad! He loves working with Kale and the other day Kale sent me this picture of them in matching outfits. Kale said he thought he was safe because he didn't know Preston owned that polo! Ha! Someone got let go at his job and I'm hoping he can have her set schedule, it would be so nice to know what days he is working. Especially if I get a set schedule as well, then I won't have to worry so much about Aiden. I am so grateful I can rely on my mom to babysit whenever we are both working, but I don't want her to have to watch him or the girls every day she has off, so if we can get a good set schedule it will be so nice!
Preston's almost got his jeep up and running, he's just working on getting one new shifter part then he in theory can start it up. I am excited for him, it's been a long project but I think he's really enjoyed tinkering with it and he's learned a lot! He loves to go fishing with my dad, they go at least a few times a month. My favorite part is the delicious fish they bring home for me and mom to eat :) YUM!
Mom and I have still been working on furniture, sometimes I get tired of doing it but it's been just like a job and I've been SO grateful for the money I have been able to make to help support us while I wasn't working. I am so very blessed! We have met some pretty neat people along the way, there are a couple ladies who have brought back several pieces to us to refinish and I love talking with them, it's like they have been family friends for years! I still want to keep every piece we do though.. I just love unique pieces!
Now for some babe pictures :) :)
Sophie LOVES him. It is the cutest thing ever.
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
ReplyDeleteIs it common to pass out while doing the temple stuff?
ReplyDeleteHa ha the temple worker told me it is common doing what we were doing, just because it gets so hot, the lights are pretty bright. I've never heard of it happening though, but my moms friend said the same thing happened to her once, so who knows.
ReplyDelete