I am pretty sure I say this every month but how is my baby 4 months old!?! Time needs to slow down.. he is such a big boy! He had his doctors appointment and I hate shot day. Poor thing screams as soon as the nurse rubs the alcohol pads on his thighs, although this time we gave him tylenol about an hour before his appointment and he did MUCH better afterwards vs. last time he had shots. He weighed in at 18 pounds 6 ounces (93%) and was 26.5 inches (92%). He was so cute with the doctor because at first he was very still and quiet until the doctor started tickling his belly and playing with him then he was giggling and smiling like crazy. Oh how I love this boy!!
Aiden loves to talk and laugh, he is ALWAYS kicking his legs, he's a major busy body who has to look around and see everything that is going on. He still farts like a grown man (they stink too!) and he loves to chew on anything and everything that he can get in his mouth. He's not the biggest fan of pacifiers, most of the time he will spit them out.. He rolls over and always tries to sit up when you lay him on your chest or prop him up with a pillow. He loves to pull your baby hairs on the back of your head and pinch under your arm when you tickle him or hold him. He loves tummy time and being outside, the hammock is still his favorite spot to be. He makes this high pitched squeak-laugh that I absolutely love. And when he is tired and fighting sleep he moans and grunts, its hilarious.
He has always been a pretty easy going baby other than sleep... he hates falling asleep. It's a battle every. time. And once you finally get him to sleep after walking with him, singing to him, and rocking him.. don't even think about putting him down or he will be awake within 5 minutes absolutely hysterical. I talked to the doc about this and he said I need to start putting him in his bassinet or crib when he goes down for naps, preferably when he is drowsy but still awake. I've started just putting him down once he's asleep, because the drowsy thing does NOT work. Once he's asleep I will lay him down then try and run out of the room like a ninja (we have wood floors that are kind of squeaky, it's a problem...) the first time he slept about 20 minutes, the next nap he fought me getting him to sleep for over an hour, but once he fell asleep every time I'd make a move or reposition him he'd open one eye and look at me to make sure I was still holding him.. little stinker. After he was pretty out of it I ever so carefully laid him in his crib and got out without waking him and he slept a little over an hour. It was marvelous!! I got the dishes done, the laundry folded, dinner in the crock pot, and had time to actually relax. Ha ha, is this what parenting is supposed to be like? Because man oh man I've been missing out!!
It's been about a week now since we started this and I seem to be the only one who can get him to stay asleep most of the time, so he's struggled getting into a routine, but mom and Preston are getting better. I also stopped co sleeping with him and started putting him back in his rock n play next to my bed. It was harder for me than it was for him for sure, but overall we've both been sleeping better I think. I just love having my babe next to me. I can't believe how much bigger he is in the rock n play vs. when he was a newborn. It's crazy! (Left is 3 weeks, right is 4 months)
The other day we went to visit Prestons grandparents but they weren't home. We went to Burger bar and Target, it was a good day. Preston tried out the Ergo and quite liked it! As you can see Aiden fell asleep. I also got these UofU basketball shorts at the DI, we aren't really sports people but our brother in law Kale is so in honor of him I got the shorts haha! I don't care about sports, I just don't like BYU, so as long as they are losing I am happy ha!
On Wednesday I decided to take Aiden swimming for the first time. I was really worried the water would be too cold for him and he would hate it. but it was 90 degrees outside and so hot, I just left his shirt on and got his pool float. I put him in slow and he just looked at me at first but then once he got used to it he loved it! I put him in the float and since he can't sit up on his own I either held under his arms to keep him upright or just let him lay back in it and he was quite content! It was so funny to see his face, he just looked like he was chillin. He liked to look around at all the people and noise, after a while I took him out to just hold him and wade around in the lazy river and he had a lot of fun!
After a little bit Mom brought Sophie and Emma over and they all got in with us. Sophie was SO excited to swim with Aiden. We put Emma in his float and she was happy as well. After a while she was tired and kept laying her head down on the float, she is so dang sweet.
Working on furniture has slowed down a little bit. We still have lots of things to work on and are taking custom orders, but I haven't had time to go over and when I do I am too lazy to work on anything. I need to get my butt in gear though because it is fun to be at moms house working with her and I love what we do. I just miss my baby so much after I work I want to be with him as much as I can. We did get a new paint sprayer we're going to test out and I am SO excited. It was like Christmas morning when I got the package in the mail :) It's fun to run around with Aiden, Emma, and Sophie at Grandmas house though. They keep us busy!
We went back out to visit Prestons grandparents (when we made sure they were home first ha ha) and it is always so nice to see them. They couldn't believe how much Aiden had grown in the week or two since they saw him last. I love seeing their relationship, Aiden sure loves them! He did so good in the car on the way there as well, on the way home not so much... Poor fella.
I got a new bathtub for Aiden as well. I like the blue one we've always used, and it's nice for when we go to the Cabin but he is so long that his feet touch the other end of it and he gets pretty wild so by the end of the bath half the water is on the ground.. After much research I decided to try this one after hearing about it from a blogger I follow. She bought it for her newborn and after trying it out I wished I would've bought it from the beginning as well! I was apprehensive about having to be in the big bathtub but it hasn't been a problem at all. He LOVES this tub guys. It is soft and breathable material and I don't see it getting moldy or anything. It has a spot to hang it on a hook as well. I looked into the mesh tubs for a second until lots of people complained of them getting stinky or mildewy. But this is the best tub ever.
I got a promotional email from the Honest Company to try out a months supply of diapers and wipes for a super good deal, and after looking at the cute prints I couldn't say no. Don't get me wrong, I think they are outrageously priced regularly, but I am glad I took advantage of the deal. I haven't tried out the wipes yet but really like the diapers so far. The patterns are so cute and they seem pretty absorbent. People have complained about not having the wetness indicator but I'm pretty sure you can tell when your baby has peed.. come on people. At least I can tell with Aiden, ha ha! I got 6 packs of diapers and 4 packs of wipes and I only paid $40 total, not bad at all! That's cheaper than Huggies or Pampers!
Aiden has been rolling over more during tummy time, and I finally got it on video. I love his face how he looks all worried, ha ha!
I took him swimming again with Sophie on Friday and it was so fun. He was kind of tired so after about 10-15 minutes of swimming he took a nap in the stroller for a good hour, despite all of the noise. He had a pretty good set up if you ask me :) After he woke up we swam again for a little while then went home. Sophie had a blast, she loves the pool! I am still really paranoid about him getting too much sun, so I just put a onesie on under his suit, even though he has his hat on and is under his float.
I love this boy. I recently got called to interview for Jet Blue. What an amazing opportunity! I've always wanted to work for them. They have great 401K benefits, I would work from home, plus Me, Preston, Aiden, and my mom and dad get to fly for free. Sounds perfect right? Ugh. I'd make $1 less an hour than I make now, which isn't a big deal because I'd be home, but they are really strict about background noise, so until Aiden got bigger I'd have to still have a babysitter. There are two downsides. First one is training is in cottonwood area down past Sugarhouse 5 days a week for 4 weeks in the evening, so I would have to leave home at 2:30 and wouldn't get back until past midnight. 5 days a week. Then two weeks of on the job training at my shift hours down there, then I'd work from home. Now for the other downside.. I don't know what my hours would be, how many days a week i'd work, or what days of the week I'd work.. which would be totally fine except for the fact I have to know when to plan for a babysitter (mom or Preston). They do shift bidding and it changes every 3 months. so potentially I could work from midnight to 6 AM 4 days a week, then it would change in December.
I just haven't felt good or bad about it, more towards bad though. I think that the timing just isn't right. If I got this opportunity in 2 years I would take it in a heartbeat. I think it's something I can see myself doing long term, I would love to do customer service/management eventually. I just can't rationalize leaving Aiden that long, even if it's just for a short period of time. I'm scared of the unknown and the change. I love Aiden so much and he comes first. No matter what. No matter if we could fly to Hawaii for free ;(
I believe things happen for a reason, and maybe if I turn this down now something better for me will come along in the future, maybe Ogden Clinic is where I need to be for now. Maybe maybe maybe... Life can be so stressful sometimes! I just want to live in a fantasy where I can stay home with Aiden and the three of us will be a perfect and happy family. ha ha! Wouldn't that be nice :)
No comments:
Post a Comment