6.07.2015

June - Aidens Blessing

Aidens blessing was such a special day for me.  I have been looking forward to it (Preston not so much) and just couldn't wait!  I bought his blessing outfit on Zulily for a good deal because I can't bring myself to spend 50+ dollars on something he will wear once, and I didn't like the one Preston was blessed in, plus it had spit up. And was blue. And crocheted. Anyways.. My mom modified the pants on his outfit a bit because they were really baloony and it turned out great.  I got 0-3 month size and it barely fit our fat boy!


Preston was SO nervous.  He looked at me when the announced the blessing and I thought he was going to cry.  I was trying to get Aiden to sleep but he was still awake when they all went up.  All of the men in the circle said that Aiden was looking up at Preston and smiling through the whole thing.  Preston did such an amazing job, and Aiden did good too! He squawked a couple times and I was just praying he'd be good until Preston finished.  The circle consisted of Preston, Ken, Grandpa Butch, my dad Kyle, brother Jeff, brother Kale, and Brett Wagoner - our good friend and home teacher.

Afterwards we went to our house where we had sloppy joes, fresh fruit, salad, cookies, and cheesy potatoes.  It was perfect weather and so nice to have everyone get together.  Everyone came over and Sophie and Emma were playing in the backyard.  It's just so great to have family together, even though there was a little drama (what else is new).  I can't seem to get with the other side without there being contention or issues of some sort, but I decided not to let it ruin the day, and I am just going to remember it as the special day that it was.


Uncle Jeff
Aunt Averie
Great Grandpa Butch is our favorite! 
Sarah, Sophie, and Great Grandma Nancy
Preston and Aiden
Uncle Quinton and Great Aunt Laurie
Cousins!
Haha Preston said this looks like a jail mugshot photo

I am so grateful for the Gospel and love knowing the priesthood is in our home.  I love my family so much and am so grateful for them.  I wouldn't be close to where I am today without them.  Kate knowing so much about babies and helping me from the moment Aiden was born. Kale for being such a great uncle who just adores Aiden and always makes us laugh. Jeff for being able to fix anything (and for setting up my awesome baby monitor) as well as tickling the baby with his mountain man beard. Averie for always being so nice and cheerful around everyone. And of course my mom and dad.

Dad is such a great Grandpa, and I can't wait until Aiden gets older so he can learn to build and fix things in the shop with dad, not to mention fishing!  Mom has shown me what it means to be a mother.  She has set such an amazing example for me, and although being a mom is a LOT harder than I thought it was going to be, mom has been there for me every step of the way.  She has always encouraged me and told me what a good job I am doing.  She is there to listen when I need to vent, and she will always help me with Aiden when I need a break or want to clean my house.

Preston and I are so lucky to have such a great family, and they are all so close!  I am grateful for Preston and know he will be the best example for Aiden, he is such a good husband and father. Not to mention he puts up with me ;)  I couldn't ask for anyone better.  The church is true people!

All tuckered out in our jammies


Aiden is 2 months old! Where is the time going? My little baby is starting to chub up a little, and changing so much!  At his 2 month appointment he weighed 13 pounds 1 ounce (74th percentile) and was 23 3/4 inches long (72nd percentile), with his head measured at 40 cm (47th percentile).  That is definitely a leap from the last visit! He went from being in the 15-20th percentile categories to around the 75th! The doctor once again told me whatever i'm doing keep it up because this boy is growing like a weed!  He had to get 3 shots and an oral vaccine, he was not happy!  He took the oral ok but when she started rubbing the alcohol wipes on his thighs he went crazy, and when she gave the shots it was the saddest cry i've ever heard.  My poor baby.  He went to sleep by the time we got home and did ok until about 4 hours later, then we could tell he was just miserable.  He had a rough night and wanted to nurse a lot, I think just for the comfort of it more than anything.  The next day he did quite well though!



















He loves to talk, especially to Taylor Swift in the car! He babbles along to the music and I just love it!  He is always smiling and loves to look around at everything.  He favors his right side a bit and I asked the doc about it because i'm paranoid he will get a flat spot.  He said he's ok for right now (theres a tiny tiny one) but to encourage his other side with mirrors and toys.  We've been working on it but when he sleeps he either turns his head to the right or lays on his right side.  We have a while to get it down though.





















He fights napping like it's the plague, but is getting better.  He is going longer stretches at night (not by much) usually he will go 5 hours the first round then it will be 3-4 then it's 2 and for the rest of the day he will eat every 2 hours, sometimes 3 but rarely.  He has his days (like today) where he eats every 1-1.5 hours and it drives me crazy because I can't do a thing!  Little stinker ;)




















He is still in a size 2 diaper, his 3 month clothes are getting tight.  Mostly just because he's long.  He fits into a couple of 6 month onesies, but others are still too long, I haven't even put him in every 3 month outfit yet! He better not grow out of them before he wears them once ha ha!  I am pretty sure every single item of clothing from my shower was either 3 months or 6 months...Some of his 3 month jammies start busting open when his diaper is full at night, but the 3-6 month ones are way too big still.  Most nights I just put him in a white onesie anyways because he is drenched in sweat otherwise.  I don't swaddle him anymore because of how hot he gets, he still sleeps really well though.  He never was a big fan of being swaddled.  He is much more comfortable with his arms up by his head.. Silly boy.




He does pretty well with tummy time, he has such a strong neck!  Especially when I hold him upright and he just looks around and bobbles.  I love my busy body boy!  He absolutely hates the car!  His infant car seat makes him SO sweaty, which he is a hot ball anyways but even going to mom's house is awful because in that 10 minute time frame his back will be just soaked in sweat.  Poor fella.  I bought a convertible car seat when I was pregnant for a killer deal, but it won't fit in my Mazda 3 without having to have the front passenger seat almost all the way forward which means no one can sit up there.  Which lead me to KSL looking for the SUV I've always wanted.. A Mazda CX-5.

I've looked online for them off and on over the past several months but never put much effort into it because I didn't think we could afford it right now.  I found a higher end model for a fairly good deal and after talking with Preston decided to call the dealer on a whim this past Friday.  After we got Aidens shots we decided to head in and look at it just for the heck of it, well we ended up buying it and we love it! Plus the convertible car seat fits perfectly and Aiden is much more comfortable in it.  He doesn't get near as hot in it, but he still hates the car :( he gets a little better each time though.


I love dressing up this sweet boy.  Kate gave me these baby nikes and I love them. He wore them maybe twice and I'm pretty sure he's grown out of them already, but man are they darling or what! I love after he's bathed his hair is extra fuzzy and spiky.  It's so much fun to play with and rub.  I love his peach fuzz!




Last week I was browsing the baby section on KSL and found a Mamaroo swing for a really good deal! I put Aiden in the car and headed over to pick it up.  I set it up and tried it out and he sat in it for a good half hour just looking around and laughing at me or the fan.  It's so nice to be able to put him in there and get some things done around the house! I love it and am so glad he does too. 


I went to north shore with Kate, Sophie, Emma, and mom last week and it was a lot of fun.  I didn't put Aiden in the water but he got so hot so fast we had to strip him down to his diaper.  He was a pretty happy camper most of the time.  It was a struggle to get him to sleep but when I finally did we laid him down in Kate's stroller and I sat in the beach part of the shallow pool with Emma.  She is so dang cute and funny, I just love that girl! 






cuddling after shots 

My favorite are morning snuggles.  He is always more smiley and cheerful than the rest of the day, and this morning Preston got to get a glimpse of it in our bed :) He really is such a good baby.  He still has his days when you know his belly is full of gas because he's fussy and it gurgles and vibrates like crazy, poor fella.  


I love sleeping in bed with him and love our bed!!  I found a bed frame on KSL for free that was a wood headboard and footboard for a cal king.  I didn't want a footboard anyways but we picked it up and I refinished it and antiqued it.  Eventually I want to make or buy an upholstered one but in the meantime this was the perfect solution!  I think it turned out pretty cute, and I love the bedding I went with. I think it all looks really good.  

I've been trying to go lap swimming a couple times a week.  My shoulder pops out so I can't swim fast or do anything other than freestyle but I really enjoy going for that hour.  Its outside so I get a little bit of sun and it's nice to exercise again.  I signed up for a 10K at the very end of July so I'm going to start running a few times a week as well to build up to that.  I am excited to start using my jogging stroller more, It's still one of my favorite things I got from my baby shower.  Prestons grandparents really are the sweetest people :) 


When we took Aidens 2 month pictures we did a couple other ones besides the rocking chair, my sister is so talented and I always have so much fun doing these photo shoots :) 








cousins! 

No comments:

Post a Comment