5.19.2015

May


I can't believe Aiden is already a month old! Time sure is flying by, and sometimes I think about how much of my maternity leave is over and I have to push it out of my mind because I want to cry just thinking about leaving him.  Thankfully I only have to be gone 3 days a week and he will be with family which is the most important thing! - On a side note. Kate found this awesome kids rocking chair at the DI a few weeks ago so I decided after being inspired on Pinterest (of course) I wanted to do a monthly photo of him in the chair. And by me do a monthly photo I mean my sister, because she's so good at it and has the nice expensive camera ;) The first picture was a fail but I had to put it on here just because ha ha!


He is just the sweetest thing! He's smiling more and loves to look around - such a busy body!  He farts like a grown man, and still has to have his arms up by his head to sleep comfortably.  Sometimes I can swaddle him all the way, I do at night when he sleeps and he does pretty good.  He was going 3 - 4 hours between feedings at night but the last several nights he's gotten up every hour. UGH. He must be going through a growth spurt because he also has eaten every hour during the day too for a day or two.  I tell you what I felt like I was glued to the chair feeding this kid so often.  I'm glad he's over that in the day! Last night he let me sleep almost 4 hours then 2 after that, it was like the best sleep of my life I tell ya!


On Friday the 8th when we were changing his diaper I noticed a weird thing in his belly button.  I researched it and decided it was a hernia, probably from pushing so much with all of his gas, but we wanted to take him in to see if there was anything we needed to do.  The regular ped doctor wasn't in so we saw his partner, Dr. Lloyd.  I like him ok, definitely not as much as Dr. Buchanan but he was still very nice and thorough.  He said he wanted to cauterize it and it should go away, if not to come back in a week and have it done again.  That was rough.  Poor Aiden was just hysterical.  I hate to see my baby go through these things but then I remind myself to be grateful it's not worse.. 


 

We went down to Farmington to see Great Grandma Adria and get a four generation picture on Saturday.  It was so good to see her, it'd been quite a while. He wanted to eat the majority of the time we were there (what else is new) but other than that he was a great baby and slept on the way there and back.  


That night I noticed his belly looked WAY bigger than normal, so I sent a picture to Kate at work and she was talking to a couple of her peds and NICU nurse friends and they said um get him to Primary's right now!  That of course got me really worried but I was just trying not to overreact because it would do no good.  We contemplated off and on taking him down there, we were going to take him to kids care at McKay but of course they closed at 5 and it was 5:30.  We ended up taking him to Wee Care at 7:30 and the doctor was really nice.  They got his temp and weight (8lb 15oz!!) and he looked him over and said it was just gas, but the poor thing was hysterical and his belly was just so huge! So despite our huge deductible haunting me in the back of my mind, I asked to get an x-ray.  He said he didn't think we needed one but did it just for our peace of mind.  It was so sad to hold my poor baby down on the table, I had to hold both hands above his head with one hand and hold his knees down with the other.  He was just hysterical.  When the tech pulled up the x-ray I was shocked at all of the bubbles!!  At least we know what it is and it's not a lot worse.  We've been giving him gas drops almost every 2 hours during the day and it seems to help him.  We tried gripe water once but I am convinced it made it worse.  I haven't had any desire to try them again either.  

A couple weeks ago our ped doctor gave us some colic drops that are probiotics to try and I stopped giving them the day we got the x-ray, but I started giving them again two days ago because he seems way more fussy, but his belly hasn't been distended.  So I don't know what to do but can't stand him screaming out in pain every night and arching his back to get the gas out.. hopefully they help and don't make his belly distended again. 


Preston had to work on Mother's Day, so I went  to my moms house until he got home.  I went to church with them and dressed Adien in the cutest little plaid shirt Kate found for me. I love it, mostly because it reminds me of my Grandpa George.  He always wore shirts just like it, snaps and all.  I miss him so much and wish he could be here to meet Aiden, but I know he was with him in Heaven and that makes me feel better. 


After Preston got home we went to his Parents house.  I was excited to get four generation pictures with his Grandparents as well! 


This past Sunday Preston was sick so we just lounged around the house most of the day.  I had pumped a couple days before and decided to try a bottle,  I was relieved to find he didn't even care at all, he just wanted milk ha ha!  We may feed him one a week or so to get him used to them so it's easier when I have to go back to work.  He's such a little piggy!


This has been the best month of my life, and I wouldn't change any of it! I love my Aiden so much!

No comments:

Post a Comment