Maternity clothes? I bought a few shirts and I'm still rocking my one pair of jeans :) I really only wear sweats and t-shirts the majority of the time, much more comfortable!
Stretch marks? No
Sleep: The last few nights have been rough. I've been getting major leg cramps during the night, and Preston has been a restless sleeper, multiple times I'll wake up to him laying on my side and my arm will be numb, I guess I'm just super warm and he snuggles up to me.. ha.
Best moment this week: The targeted ultrasound was today and it was so awesome to see the chambers of his heart, his spine, kidneys, and all the other awesome details we got to check out today. He was very active and wasn't being shy at all!
Movement: I started to feel a little movement at about 22 weeks. It's like a muscle spasm or twitch in my belly, it's getting stronger now but not enough to where I can put my hand on my belly and feel him yet.
Food cravings: Last week I randomly was craving root beer, I had a can a day for about 4 days in a row, and the big grape Laffy Taffys, yum!
Anything making you queasy or sick: Nothing anymore, knock on wood.
Have you started to show yet: Yes, and I feel like I'm big enough now that I don't just look fat. It's still something I'm getting used to though!
Labor Signs: No
Belly Button in or out? In
Wedding rings on or off? On
Happy or Moody most of the time: I had a "I'm super emotional and want to just cry about everything" phase last week but am feeling better now. I just need to remember to take things one day at a time.
Looking forward to: Getting to the point where Preston can feel him move, and putting the final touches on the nursery so I can show it off ;)
Belly Button in or out? In
Wedding rings on or off? On
Happy or Moody most of the time: I had a "I'm super emotional and want to just cry about everything" phase last week but am feeling better now. I just need to remember to take things one day at a time.
Looking forward to: Getting to the point where Preston can feel him move, and putting the final touches on the nursery so I can show it off ;)
I've definitely been more emotional these last few days. I'm not used to my hormones going crazy and I have never been good at dealing with lots of stress. I tend to let things just build up then I get way overwhelmed and don't know how i'm going to make it through all of my trials at once. I have to just remember to take it one step at a time and know that when things get rough I need to just pray and know that everything will work out.
On a different note.. I donated my hair! I was getting headaches the last few weeks and it was SO long so I decided to just chop it. I ended up cutting about 12 inches off total, it's shorter than I was expecting and planning, and it's taken some major getting used to, I have never liked my hair short, but it grows fast, and even faster now that I'm pregnant, so I'm hoping it will be long again by the time the babe comes. So here's a before and after! (And the after shot I was looking down and so it's actually shorter than that, but i'm too lazy to retake another picture ha, and don't mind my face, i'm just trying to be excited about it)
The nursery is coming along quite well, I think i'm going to hold off a little longer on showing it off though...! :D Preston's mom did a great job on the walls, I love the way it turned out and am so happy with my color choice! Mom has helped me do a bunch of little projects to put it all together, painting frames, cutting out fabric, some sewing projects, building some special shelves, and painting furniture. It's going to be the cutest little nursery you ever did see! ;)
A few weeks ago we went Christmas shopping for family gifts at Kohls and I got some rewards coupons, I didn't really have anything I needed or wanted so of course I got some baby clothes! I seriously love baby clothes, even more than clothes for myself! Ha! It's just so fun to see how small and adorable they are and I get so excited for when I have a baby here to put them in!
I love these sweats. Oh man. I die.
Another project we did a while ago was making the cushions for the benches I built this Summer. They were actually super easy to make and I love the fabric. It was a bold color choice but I think it goes super well and really completes the little nook :) The cats have claimed them as their outdoor beds though.. they lay on them all the time.
Speaking of the cats, Charlie loves to cuddle with me, it's pretty obnoxious most of the time, but I still like that he will do it, Larry is just mean and grumpy all the time.
And can I just say this is the warmest Winter ever? It's so weird. If only it was like this every year, i'd love it! Not too cold, snows once in a while but melts the same day... 50 degrees. It's been so nice the days I work when I leave the house at 5:30 I don't even have to have a coat on, which is good since half the time I forget to even grab a jacket ha ha! I just hope it doesn't mean it's going to be cold, miserable, and snowy until April!
I was supposed to work Christmas morning 6-12 and Preston 5-1 but we both got called off, which was so nice! We haven't seen much snow this season, but we definitely got a white Christmas this year, which hasn't happened in such a long time it seems. I was so grateful we both got called off because at 4 and 5 AM the roads were going to be bad..
We celebrated Christmas with my family on the 23rd because of work schedules. It was fun to get everyone together and of course have a delicious turkey dinner! A few things we got was new work shoes for me, a train set for Preston, parts for his Jeep, clothes, treats :) That night when we got home he busted out the train set. He absolutely loves trains, has since he was a little boy, and it was so cute to see him get so excited ha ha. He can't wait to play with trains and legos with our little boy!
Christmas Eve we hung out around the house and were lazy, Preston needed batteries for his train so he went to the store to get some. His grandmas annual Christmas Eve party was at 6 that night, it was good to see everyone. I just love his grandparents, they are so sweet and always so fun!
(Christmas day at his parents house)
Back to Christmas morning. I couldn't sleep that night very well because I was stressing out about Preston having to get up so early and drive to work, the plow trucks are rarely out that time of morning. His work called him off about 3 and I was so happy! I knew it was snowing but didn't realize how much. We got up and made breakfast, then opened our presents. Preston was excited to get some new clothes, wasabi candy canes, and of course he got an Xbox one! Turns out all the other thousands of people that got one were trying to download the software and play at the same time, so it took almost all day to get it to work before he was able to play it. I got a baby monitor from my brother that is a live camera with night vision, sound, and it has an app on my phone so when i'm at work I can see the room/baby and talk to him. I'm so excited to use it! Jeff came over to help Preston with his Xbox and helped set up the camera for me.
It's so surreal that this is our LAST Christmas together, just Preston and I. This is our 5th Christmas we've celebrated together, and I can't wait next year to start traditions with our baby boy. It will be so much more fun, Preston was saying there's just something more magical about Christmas when there are little ones involved who just bring the spirit alive. Oh I'm so excited :)
On the 30th we had a super crazy wind storm that blew our garbage can clear down the street and around the corner and almost blew our fence over. It was so insane, there were power poles down on the freeway and semi trucks blown over. Our back fence was blowing like crazy because there's one spot that's not really by any trees so it's like a wind tunnel, and it just ends at the corner because we left one side chain link because we really like our neighbor and want to wait a while before putting that side up. So we talked to my mom and decided we should come to her house and get some posts and wire to secure it, and luckily we had my brothers truck at our house because the day before our snowblower died and we needed to take it to my dad to have him take a look at it. The truck came in handy because all of the snow from my parents front field blew into the driveway so there were 4 foot drifts. Even with 4WD we barely made it down the driveway, so crazy!
We stayed at their house and hung out for a while, my poor dad had to plow the driveway with his tractor but it was still windy enough that when he'd lift the bucket to dump the snow into the field the wind would blow a bunch into his face, he had wind chill so bad where his snowmobile mask wasn't protecting him. He's so dang cute though on his yellow tractor!
Mom came with us to help secure the fence, it was SO COLD and windy. I wish I would've gotten a picture of the fence when it was tipped from the wind, I was terrified it was going to just snap and break and all of that time and effort and money this past summer would be a waste. This summer though we will have that thing so secure nothing can hurt it, so my mom says. ha ha, she always has a plan, so I don't doubt her one bit.
That night the wind kind of calmed down, Preston had to unbury the garage from the huge drift up against it, as well as the sidewalk to our front door.
We didn't do anything for New Years Eve because we both worked that day. We were so tired, we were in bed by like 9 anyways. It's been such an exciting and hard year, i'm definitely not sad to see it end, but I'm so excited for 2015 and all it will bring. I can't wait to meet our baby boy and all of the changes that are going to come with it.
26 weeks



















No comments:
Post a Comment