This last weekend we went camping with the family, and it was so much fun! We went to East Canyon just for one night on Friday. We drove up and set up camp then started on our scout special dinners and peach cobbler! Kate, Kale and Emma were in the tent with Preston and I. Kate was nervous about Emma, and neither of us really slept, especially when the raccoon decided to invade the camp at like 2 AM! I was sleeping when Kate woke me and Preston up to tell us about it. We put all of the food in the truck except for the coolers and a huge $20 can of peanuts, which they had knocked over and were eating. Preston and I ran out in our undies and chased him off and cleaned up the nuts. He’d knocked out about half of the can, little stinker! We were looking down the little hill into the sagebrush for him and when I’d find his eyes Preston threw a fist size rock at him but missed, so when I saw his eyes again Preston chucked a huge rock the size of my head right where he was and he didn’t come back!
It wasn’t too cold until about 5:30 when I woke up, then it was freezing until the sun came up about 6:45. Kate made breakfast burritos and they were delicious! Since we only stayed one night we decided to pack up camp after breakfast and head to the other side of the reservoir to launch the boat because dad was going to take all the boys fishing. Jeff had radios for the boat and us so we could talk and we realized Jeff had the keys to the truck on the boat, so we made them come back and when they did Sophie wanted to get on the boat with them. Mom, Kate, Emma and I all stayed in the truck and just talked while the men fished. It was funny on the radio Sophie was quite enjoying herself and after they got back dad said Sophie was so hyper he wouldn’t be surprised if we gave her several cans of Mountain Dew because she was bouncing all over the boat and was so hyper! I can only imagine, ha ha! They didn’t catch any fish and only had one or two bites, he blames it on Sophie but really it just wasn’t a good fishing day. They came in and after having hoagie sandwiches for lunch we headed home!
Mom gave me an old hoe to put in my front flower garden she had in her garage. I love it! I have some oil stuff I just need to rub on the wood part so it doesn't weather too much more in the sun and everything. I also got a wooden birdhouse decoration from a boutique we went to a while ago and I love it! And of course we put up our hammock. I think i'm going to invest in one more so we can both have our own down under the deck to hang out.
Last Thursday I went swimming with Kate, Sophie, and Emma at her neighbors house and we both got burnt! I'm peeling now but at least it started up my tan for the Summer, now just to keep it going :) Emma wasn't a fan of the pool though. She is SO sweet!
We decided it was time to replace the chain link fence with some cedar, and I can't even believe the difference! I love the way it looks already! Larry however has a different thought about it... He's really mad and was trying to figure out how to get over it, in the process he clawed his way up my back to see if I was high enough... dummy. After that he just cried and pouted while he glared at the fence. Ha ha! He will just have to deal with it :)

While we worked on the fence today, Preston worked on his precious Jeep. This thing only cost him $600 bucks and it runs and everything, It's a 1972 and it had the original body on it that had rust on it, and it has a new one with it, so he is taking it all apart and rebuilding it. He's still in the sand blasting stage and he comes home afterwards covered in sand! It will be cool when it's all done. (I hope)











No comments:
Post a Comment