Ed is so sweet, but so wild. We went on a double date to the temple and macaroni grill with friends, and when we came home we found the fish bowl knocked off the table, water and glass everywhere, and an eaten fish. Rude.
I finally got time to refinish the office, and love how it turned out!
I feel like the grey really opens it up and makes it seem so much bigger and cleaner!
Here are the current pictures of our basement. We're going to move the laundry into the unfinished corner, making a legit laundry room, then tear out the bathroom/closet area and make a full bath down there. We're super excited for the wood burning fireplace!
Preston and I started Crossfit and it has been so good, but so hard. It's never an easy day at the gym, but I love that about it. We did a day of nothing but pushups. We were at an angle with two weights built up and for time we did 8 on the weight, 8 with one arm on the weight, and one on the floor so we were angled, and 8 the same way on the other side. NO girl pushups, real pushups. Then we did planks 8 different times mixed in... it was sheer hell to say the least, my arms are still sore and it was like four days ago..
We (Preston and mom, Me maybe one day..) have been working on the deck at our house. There hasn't been access to the backyard from the deck, and I think it's so inconvenient, plus having to go downstairs to let the cats in and out sucks after a while.. so we built some! They finished last night, and this weekend we're going to paint them the color of the rest of the deck, it's SO much nicer. I don't quite have pictures of the end result yet, but here are some starters :)
Last week at school I was looking for a parking spot, I had been driving up and down the campus road for 15 ish minutes and finally saw a spot. It was on the side of the campus road, about 50 feet north of the north roundabout. I saw the car pulling out and got all excited. I slowed down (I was going about 10 ish), pulled into the median, and was getting ready to flip a U-turn when BAM! Someone on a FREAKING BICYCLE ran into my car, going at the very least 15 mph. He was flying. It was like a nightmare. Or watching a movie. It happened so fast, when I saw him he was probably 5 feet from my car just flying right towards me. He had no helmet on, He wasn't signaling, or making any attempt to swerve out of the way. I slammed on my brakes the second I saw him but it was too late. His tire hit the hood/front passenger side bumper of my car, and his head hit my windshield. It hit so hard the glass was about 3 inches from touching my steering wheel. He flipped over my car, as did his bike, and he landed on the pavement by my driver side door. I picked up my phone, called 911 and asked him if he was okay.
He had gotten up and was standing, there was a piece of his forehead about the size of a softball hanging off his face, it was torn off all the way in a circle until above his eyebrow. It didn't look like it had started to bleed too bad.. after asking him again if he was okay (what else do you say!) he said yeah and I told him he needed to lay down, as I got out of the car he was already walking over to the grass to lay down. There was glass all over my car and me, I was covered. I went to my car to get gauze when a bystander came over and put his hoodie on the guys face to apply pressure. I was able to hold myself together really well until I called my mom. She was clear in Brigham City working on Monique's house and I just wanted her there right at that second. She said she was coming as fast as she could, then I called Preston and he said he was coming too, He was asleep still, poor boy. He probably couldn't even understand me.



















Lots of fun pictures! Sorry you cut yourself, that foamboard stuff is difficult. What about a lot of different picture frames from DI that you could paint/spray paint? Eek, good luck either way.
ReplyDeleteEW to that spider. I almost vomited just seeing it.
Glad you like my old bike and elliptical. I was so glad when mom got the bike and elliptical for me... but then I never used them so I'm glad someone is going to put them to good use and they're not just sitting in Mom's garage! I'll have to come over and try out the Jones' gym... hopefully you'll give me a good discount! :)