At the first of August it was my work party at Boondocks, so we dropped Emmett of with grandma Lisa and took Aiden with us. It was so much fun! We went on the bumper boats, the go karts, played arcade games, had some dinner, and played on the giant indoor playground. He was SO exhausted by the end, but I'm glad that we went. Aiden didn't want to get off the playground so Preston had to climb in there and get him to come out, it was quite hilarious.
My Emmett is getting so big! We went to the farmers market a few weekends ago and they liked walking around and looking at everything. I love all of the fresh produce they have, and they had some activities for kids, Aiden made a paper boat and "floated" it on the water in a kiddie pool.
We got some new bikes at Walmart a little bit ago too. I've had the same bike forever, and I'm pretty sure it's a teen sized bike, it was always too small. Preston had a really nice road bike that he got when he went on his mission, but we wanted more of a mountain bike style so we can go more places together. I can't stomach the prices of the ones at the bike shops, although theyre super nice, we just won't use them enough to get our money out of them. I researched different brands and styles and we got some Schwinns. I really love them and can't wait to get out more! We have the bike trailer that the boys like, but I also have a back seat for Emmett and I'm going to save up to get a wee ride co rider bike for Aiden. It has one wheel and the front hooks on to the seat pole of your bike, so they have handlebars and pedals but just ride along behind you.
The boys both love being outside, Aiden still loves riding on the tractor with papa, and his newest thing is this obsession with bugs he has... There was a praying mantis in the window well of the gym room when mom and I were working on it, so I showed it to Aiden and we took it out and fed it a grasshopper in his little bug catcher container thing, it devoured it and then Aiden proceeded to carry it around all day saying it was his pet. He was quite sad when we had to put it down and let it go "find its mama" for the night haha.
Potty training is finally catching on! He loves to poop in the potty and say bye to it then get a prize. Sometimes he won't let me flush it until daddy or grandma see it *eye roll*. Preston taught him to stand and "aim" and it's so funny to watch him, but the amount of pee that gets all around the toilet amazes me! Like what! Ugh. Grandma taught him to pee outside when he really has to go and he's playing.
Emmett has a serious obsession with plums, He loves to just go to town, then I have to hurry and take it so I can get the pit out before he devours the rest of it. We went to the fair and watched the rodeo for a bit. Aiden was quite concerned for the cows they were tying but loved to watch the horses.
We were working on the basement and the boys were toddling around downstairs/outside, earlier in the day I had taken a bag of some grocery stuff down to put it in the cold storage and it had a glass bottle of pancake syrup in it. I thought for sure I'd put it away in the closed room but I hadn't, and Emmett loves to haul things around. I guess he'd picked it up while we were sanding and all of a sudden we heard him scream, I ran out to find syrup and glass all over the place, the poor kid! We washed him off with the hose but the three cuts on his foot bled for freaking ever. We went a picture to Kate, irrigated it really well, and held pressure on it. It didn't seem to bother him one bit, and he was walking around just fine right away but I was worried there was a little piece of glass in the back one that was bleeding the most, but it healed quick and I learned my lesson.
Emmett found Aidens baby cabbage patch kid and has hauled it around for a week now, It's so cute, he will lay it on the floor and then lay on it. He will randomly lay on the floor on blankets or people and its so dang cute haha! Oh I love him!
We finally got the tub hooked up, It's been installed forever but we had to drill through to the basement for the supply lines, I LOVE it. I took a bath the other night and it's actually long enough for me wahoo! The only thing I don't love is the drain is low so I can't fill it up high enough with water, but supposedly they make these silicone things that you stick around the overflow so you can add extra water. I bought one but haven't had a chance to take another bath. The boys got to test it all out for the first time though.
We haven't been to the DI in FOREVER, they don't have much furniture anymore and we just don't have time to go. I went the other night and there was extra track for the train we have so I got it. We had some extra anyways but we had enough to build a giant track with some cross sections in the basement. It's super awesome and both boys LOVE it. I have to say I'm a little jealous haha.
We went to Lagoon with Kate and her kids and it was fun. It was the first time we took Emmett and he liked just about everything he went on, except the safari cars that went up and down, and the whales. Everything else he'd flip out when we got off and wanted to get back on. I am glad Sophie was there to help with him even though it's not fun to be the oldest, she's a good sport. Aiden had way fun and looooves Lagoon. I definitely want to get season passes for next year, I love going to lagoon a beach and hopefully he'll be tall enough to go on some of the tube slides. Mom came for the last little bit and we made her go on Bombora (she HATES rollercoasters and it all makes her sick) she was so pissed but I'm glad she was a good sport about it for the kids' sake haha.
For Emmetts birthday I wanted to do a waffle bar, and last minute my sweet friend offered to let me use her lumberjack themed stuff from Waylons first birthday and fit perfectly with the waffle bar theme! It was a huge hit and we had so much fun. I LOVE throwing parties and hosting everyone at our house, I wish I had an excuse to do it more often.
It was so fun, Emmett got a lot of great things, and I kept most of the money to put into his savings account. He got a plane, fire truck, cleaning set (which is his favorite!), a boat, some clothes, a minky lovie blanket, and a few other small things. It was fun seeing him open the presents, and study what he got before wanting to go to the next one.
Haven celebrated her birthday last weekend and it was fun to be there! Aiden was excited to help her blow out her candles and we all loved visiting. I tried to get some good pictures for Addy and Braxton and it was a fun evening for sure! Emmett loves to run around and sample everyones dinner choices, I just love my boys.
No comments:
Post a Comment