Sorry this post is totally random and filled with pictures, I need to be better at blogging!
Two kids have been really hard. I figured It'd be a cake walk because we went through everything under the sun with Aiden, but having a toddler AND a newborn is a whole other ballgame. People just told me three kids are hard because you are outnumbered, but man oh man.. If that's true I'm all done! Ha ha, I do really want a girl though.. but the thought of three boys..
The first week I was overly emotional just like I was with Aiden. I didn't want to share, I was tired, and I just wanted to sit in my quiet corner or my bedroom in my new comfy chair and hold my baby boy. Aiden has done really well adjusting to a new baby brother, I haven't noticed any jealousy (except for sometimes when Preston holds Emmett) and he is always willing to get things for me, and pat the baby when he's fussing.
Emmet did great! He slept really well in his rock n play, he never cried (my dad even commented on that), and I was feeling a little better about the fact Preston was leaving for Alaska with my dad. They left early morning on the 2nd and came back on the 9th. Aiden is definitely a daddys boy because he was SO sad about daddy and papa being gone, then he started acting out... he's such a stinker. He never listens to me and especially didn't that week.
Once Emmett hit 2.5-3 weeks he started spitting up a lot more and was way fussy, I couldn't put him down AT all and he wouldn't sleep unless I was holding him. I took him in on the 9th and I was right about my assumption of reflux. Poor fella. He got some Zantac and we have been hoping for the best. I'm so glad I've been here with my mom so she can help me, I don't know how I would've survived their Alaska trip without her, between Emmett needing to be held, not sleeping, and Aiden It was a lot to handle.
The last few days have gotten MUCH better. Emmett is going 3-4 hour stretches at night (which he's not usually waking up because he's hungry, his reflux makes him gurgle and choke which wakes him up, he never wakes up and cries. I feel like if he didn't have the reflux he'd be going 5-6 hour stretches, poor baby! He also has let me put him down more the last day or two, I have a mamaroo and that seems to be his favorite. If he's awake he wont lay down more than 10-15 minutes, but when he sleeps he will lay in it for quite a while, sometimes a whole hour which for him is good. Now that he's at least letting me lay him down I'm going to try and get him used to putting himself to sleep without being held again, we will see.
Keeping him upright for half an hour after he nurses has made a difference, it's really hard to do at night when I'm so tired and usually after the 5:00 ish feeding he is more restless when I lay him back down and I think it's a result of not keeping him upright long enough for his other feedings. I wish I could nap when he naps during the day, but it's not an option with Aiden... he's just such a busy body!
Aiden is such a sweetheart. I can't believe how much more he is talking in the past month, it's insane! He can count to 15, he knows all of his letters and is stating to learn the ABC song which is always his request for me to sing to him. He's such a smart boy and is always learning new things.
I was looking back on what my one month favorites were with Aiden here and have to say it's all still pretty accurate with baby #2, with the exception of the bamboo swaddles are 100 times softer than that already soft classic swaddles, I also have used these swaddles with this boy and love them, he's so big and strong he can break out of my swaddle job by the middle of the night, and they stay together much better (he's already in the large size too... fatty). As for the hospital mug I use my stainless steel one I got from hospital week, it's the same as a Yeti mug and I love that it stays cold for so long, I have to have ice and It's still full of it the next morning and hasn't melted. I totally won't be mad if someone gets me the turquoise one for Christmas ;)
Here's a few of the newborn pictures I took with Emmett. I wish I would've hired someone, I was going to but never actually did it and am regretting it now. I'll just make sure that I get a professional photographer soon to take some family photos!
No comments:
Post a Comment