Aiden had his first day of nursery a few weeks ago, it went about how I expected ha ha. I stayed in there for about 20 min or so then snuck out to enjoy my freedom. My good friend Wendy is in there and I felt much better knowing that, but I went to the bathroom in the middle of my class and when I picked him up at the end she said he realized I was gone and they couldn't find me so they walked in the hall looking at pictures on the walls. Poor boy, they said he finally calmed down when they read some books. The next week was a conference, the next one he was sick, and then the next time he went and I was stuck in there the whole time.. Progress? Not really. Ha ha, hopefully tomorrow will go better. What can I say, he's just a mamas boy!
I got an etch a sketch a while ago for Aiden and he loves doodling on it, it's funny to watch his expressions, he is so serious while he draws. I like to switch out his toys so he doesn't always have everything at once and get sick of things, it's been working quite well. His other new thing is the piano, he recently discovered it since we moved a dresser out that was blocking the keys and he loves to play. I'm hoping he will love it like I always have and Preston wasn't too bad himself, but we will see!
The other day he was playing on his tool bench when he came out asking for help and he had his goggles in his hands, I put them on his head and it was hilarious, he seriously wore them for a good 20 minutes! He ran around the house with his vacuum, worked more on his tool bench, and even kept them on halfway through lunch. Oh man mom and I were dying of laughter. Funny kid
Last Saturday I had made plans to walk around the Christmas Village as a family after going out to dinner and decided to invite Prestons parents. We ate at Costa Vida and walked around, it was a lot of fun and the weather was actually quite nice considering it's December in Utah... Aiden loved looking at all of the little houses and running around. There was a little train ride that he went on with Lisa, afterwards we headed home and he was pooped!
On Monday I went to City Creek to return something at the Disney store and happened to be down there right around nap time. I'd already (tried) to shop a little bit but Aiden doesn't last very long so I was ready to go when he was tired and wanted to nap, so I seized the moment and rather than have him sleep on the drive home I got him to sleep there and put him in the stroller so I could shop. It worked out so well and I had a lot of fun. I ended up finding a great Christmas-y outfit and decided to get Santa pictures done while I was there when he woke up. I thought about bringing the outfit I'd planned on him wearing, but I was going to just come back another day when Preston could come, but I couldn't pass up no line for Santa and already being down there! It turned out exactly how I thought it would, poor boy was just screaming reaching for me. Afterwards Santa tried talking to him and gave him a book and he wouldn't even look at him. He tried to give him a high five and Aiden considered it for a second then turned his back to him again ha ha ha. I almost didn't get the picture but figured every parent has a picture of their screaming child on Santas lap at some point ha!
So we buy lots of our furniture we refinish at the DI and we've gotten to be good friends with all the guys that work back there, anyways there's one whose wife just had a baby and he mentioned he's picking up lots of extra shifts to help make up for taking a week off and to pay for all things that come with a newborn. I really wanted to do something to help because he's such a nice guy and they are so good to us with our furniture so I put my coupon skills to work and got a big gift bag full of necessities for their new babe. It just gave me the best feeling to be able to give to someone in need!
So this year for Aiden I got 25 Christmas books and wrapped them individually. Each night from Dec. 1 - Christmas night I let him pick one to open and we read it before bed, just like an advent calendar! It's been fun to do so far and I will be glad to have a collection of holiday books for future enjoyment :) I love starting new things like this and seeing the excitement on his face makes me crazy excited for Christmas morning!
No comments:
Post a Comment