11.04.2016

Pumpkin carving and family pictures

We carved pumpkins with Kate and her family a few weeks ago, it was a lot of fun! We stuck Aiden in the high chair and I gutted and cut the top off his pumpkin and he was fascinated by it!  He kept taking the top on and off, then he'd stick his train in it and giggle.  He is so sweet.  We had a pumpkin carving contest and Sophie was the judge.  Preston did the "boo" one and I did the skull. 







When we were little, my dad would take us for rides in the bucket of the tractor and it was always so much fun.  I told mom I can't wait until Aiden is a bit older and she said no way he's not doing that to my baby boy! Well next thing I know a few days later she was telling me how he took Preston and Aiden in the bucket.. hm!  Anyways, I got some pictures and videos of it, Aiden is just fascinated! It's so fun to see him experience the same things I got to when I was little, I'm so glad he can grow up in the country and be close to family! 

We got family pictures done twice, Rachel did them and then Kate did some while we took their family pictures, so we got quite a collection to pick from!  Rachel did such a great job at getting Aiden to look at the camera and got some beautiful shots!  I'm really happy with how they turned out! I'm going to wait to post most of them since they will be on our Christmas cards ;)











On Saturday we went to Black Island Farms with Aiden and had so much fun!  We went on the tractor ride to pick a pumpkin, we didn't really need any but since we got them free we figured we'd look. They were all HUGE! We picked the smallest one we could find for Aiden and the two biggest ones for us haha!  Afterwards we walked around on the farm and looked at the animals, Aiden loved going down the big slides!  We went on a "train ride" which is a small tractor that pulls a line of cars which are really big water drums with wheels. Talk about redneck, ha ha! I loved it and Aiden wanted to go again.  We didn't go into the corn maze, It was almost 8 and we didn't want to walk through with Aiden so we headed home! I'm glad we went and we will definitely be back next year.

















Halloween was a lot of fun this year. We started out the morning watching some Thomas after breakfast and Aiden found some peanut butter cups which he insisted on eating, I love it when he will just lay on my lap and let me hold him.  I know before I know it he will be too big to want to relax with his mama so I try and soak in every moment I can get the kid to sit still with me.  I had a doctors appointment which got moved up at the last minute because she was expecting a delivery, so I dropped Aiden off at Kates and she took him and Emma to the hospital parade.  Preston had to work but he was exited to see Aiden there and walk around with him for a bit, I was able to meet them at the end and decided to go to Costco with Kate.  Emma doesn't like him to touch her, it's so funny. He was looking at her costume and she'd say Aiden NO! So I told him to give her a hug and she had this look like "get off of me!" haha!  We sat them down on the giant bears and Aiden was sad when we left it, he quite liked hugging it and petting it.




That afternoon we hung out and I had some errands to run in town then took Aiden out to see his Great Grandparents.  They always get so excited to see him and It makes me feel so good that they just love him so much!  They give out full size candy bars and Preston told me to make sure I got him one since he had to work.  After that I went to his parents house and Preston met me there when he got off.  He stayed and visited for a while but I had to get Aiden home and in bed so I could prepare myself for the next three days of work.


Now it's officially November and I can't believe how fast the year has gone!  Moms birthday is less than 2 weeks away and Aiden will be 19 months old on Wednesday!  I am getting excited for Christmas though, just go give gifts.. I may or may not be done with Christmas shopping ha!  I have always loved giving gifts, I've always enjoyed putting a lot of thought into what I think each person would be happy getting. I totally don't even care about getting, just giving.  I do, however have a wish list on amazon ;) and I have a toy wish list for Aiden at Target haha. More just as a reference for myself more than anything, so I can keep track of a few things he's gotten in the past and what I am hoping to get for him eventually.  I can't wait to see his little face when he rips open his presents Christmas morning!!


Oh and on another random note... I also may or may not have bought another 6 containers (350 loads) of laundry soap for our stockpile. Now I really am OUT of room and need to stop getting any.  I do however want to stock up on dish detergent... among other things. But I have more than enough laundry products and toiletries to last us well over a year. I'm just so proud I can't even help it!

And finally some random pictures from the last few weeks. Aiden loves to steal some bites of grandpas ice cream, it's so dang cute how excited he gets! And he sleeps in the strangest positions still, it's hilarious... when he's going to bed some nights he will lay down for a minute, stand up, and throw out his two blankets hanging over the side rail, lay back down, stand back up, and then throw out the decorative pillow before laying down and going to sleep. I have to get a video of it, it's so funny! 




Mom found this mountain car track a month or so at the DI, the top hill part comes off and there is a compartment for all of the cars and Aiden loves it! He also loves to use it as furniture.. weirdo. 

No comments:

Post a Comment