9.11.2016

Summers end

 I am so sad that Summer is coming to an end, every year it seems to go by faster and faster, especially now that we have Aiden.  He is so dang sweet and is the biggest busy body ever, he never sits still for very long!  He found a love for one of my combs, he will sit on my lap and just stay there in a trance as long as i'll comb his hair.  It is so funny and I love the fact he will just sit with me, so I'm more than happy to do it!


















I have wanted to do more things together on the weekends Preston isn't working, unfortunately we have been so busy we didn't do as much as I was wanting but we did go on some hikes and bike rides! I love biking, and Aiden quite likes the bike trailer we have which is so nice, the Ogden parkway is my favorite place to go running/biking.  We just put some snacks and a drink in there for him and he loves to look around while we go!

I always look forward to getting pictures of Aiden while I am at work, it makes the day go by faster and I love seeing how he is doing.  Since he was a baby we have always swung with him in our hammock so he's loved that and the swing but sometimes it puts him to sleep ha ha.  He was swinging him and he started getting quiet and his eyes were drooping, the next thing he knew he was passed out! He asked me if he should bring him in and I said um yes. When he got him out he looked at Preston then collapsed on his shoulder, he took him in and laid him down.  Such a sweet boy. 

















Most days he is outside with mom and Preston, either in the house garage playing with his toys and on the swing set, or he's in the big garage while Preston works on his jeep.  It's quite a story when they are out there... he's got car parts for bracelets.. hauls around the gas can... and always comes in all sorts of greasy. This is the reason I have designated clothes for days I work ha ha! As you can see below they've got him in some un-designated pajamas.  Speaking of Prestons jeep.. He finally got it to the point where it is drive-able.  Wahoo! He was so excited, he's come so far and learned so much. He's so proud of it, he's had lots of let downs and discouraging times when he was stuck but Jeff has helped him and he's always figured it out eventually. I can't wait to see it all done (one day ha ha).  We are always talking about what color he is going to paint it, he's unsure but I told him he should paint it an original color, or a turquoise! We will see...



Other times he finds the horse trough... this is his current favorite thing! It started out with him "helping" fill the trough with the hose, it has now turned into "bath time".. *sigh* It is adorable if I do say so myself, and he doesn't seem to mind the temperature of the water at all.  He loves to squirt his feet, head, everything.. then he stomps in the water on the cement ha ha. 





When he isn't getting covered in grease or drenching himself with the hose, he's eating tomatoes. He goes straight to the plants, picks one, and eats it like an apple. Mom has to hurry and take the stem off or he will try to eat that too. He picked a green one once and since then he has learned to just whine for mom or Preston and they will pick him a good sized red one.  She tried to slice one for him once and he was all kinds of offended. Ha ha it is hilarious.


















Because of where the property line will end for the back field subdivision, dad has to move his fence a few feet north, which means he has to pull up every post, dig a new hole, and move it.  It's quite a task.  Preston is good to help him and there were a couple holes that didn't want to be dug so I had to help jump on the auger a few times myself.  When we were out watching them move the first one Aiden was super intrigued.  He loves anything that has to do with the tractor for sure.





















I sent mom these pictures of him in his new outfit at work and later that day she called me and said "don't send me pictures like that ever again!" I had to think about what I sent her and she said it was because he looked like a little boy, not her baby Aiden. Ha ha!


















Aiden loves to watch frozen, we put it on the iPad a lot when we are in the car, he also will watch shows on disney junior but never lasts longer than 10 minutes, he's just too busy ha ha.  He loves to eat, I am so glad he's such a good eater! I can't really think of anything he doesn't like other than avocados. He doesn't even seem to mind hot food! I like to get the Mexican blend of shredded cheese to put on my food and we usually have scrambled eggs with cheese for breakfast. Well the last time I got some I accidentally got this kind that had colby jack and jalapeno cheese in it... I took a bite and was surprised at the heat in it but had already given Aiden a bite. I was worried he'd freak out but he didn't even act like it was anything different, ha ha! He still absolutely loves bath time, he flops on his belly and just kicks his legs like crazy,  It's the cutest thing!






When we got back from California Aiden had two really rough nights.  He was so used to sleeping in bed with us that he was really struggling and we decided to just let him cry longer than we have before.  It took about 45 minutes and he finally laid down and went back to sleep.  Since then he's pretty consistently slept through the night.  He usually will wake up once or twice every few nights but he only cries for a couple of minutes then plops back down and is asleep again.  He sleeps in the funniest positions, I get a kick out of it! I am so glad he is sleeping so much better though, he's sleeping in more too, most of the time he's up anywhere from 7-7:45 which is so nice.  

Prestons sister Amelia got married at Snowbasin on September 3rd. It was a really nice wedding and Aiden looked adorable in his little suit.  It was exhausting trying to keep him under control all night, he wanted to run all over and climb up and down the stairs.  It went really late but we only made it until around 9 which is already past his bedtime of 8:30, but he did so good considering everything.  The weather was perfect and it was pretty up there! He loved the gondola ride to the lodge.  



Here's some pictures from the wedding photo booth. I wasn't that impressed. Trying to take them with busy body Aiden was impossible (see photos on the right) and when we went back later just the two of us to take some he'd adjusted the lighting so we look like we spend too much time in a tanning bed.. ha ha. Oh well. It was still fun to get them! 

This weekend we wen to the cabin, it is so pretty up there this time of year with all of the leaves changing.  It was perfect weather and not too cold during the day, the nights are always chilly though.  Aiden slept TERRIBLE Friday night. I don't even know what his deal was, he's never been like that before. Ever.  He was so tired by 6:30 but it was too early to sleep so we kept him busy until bedtime.  He slept about an hour and woke up crying, but having to share a room we couldn't just let him cry until he went back to sleep.  After Preston held him and tried to get him back to sleep I finally took him but he wasn't giving in.  I tried everything, and after him nursing for 4 miserable hours, I finally woke Preston up and told him I couldn't take it anymore, so we put him in the car and drove around Manor Lands... He was wide awake. still. It took half an hour of driving to get him to sleep (keep in mind we were in the mountains at 2:30 AM driving around. Little stinker.  When we finally got him to sleep we couldn't decide if we should try and stay asleep in the car or get him in the cabin.  Preston just held him in bed on his chest and he only slept until 6. 







We were both so exhausted we didn't want to risk staying another night and him not sleeping again.  I was sad to leave but we didn't leave until 8:30 last night so we didn't miss much, everyone usually heads home Sunday afternoon.  He slept in the car on the way home and after crying for a few minutes when we laid him down he slept all night until 7 this morning.  We still had fun even though he didn't sleep. It's always great being able to go up and visit with family. Prestons grandparents are seriously the best, I don't know what I'd do without them.  Such great people. Aiden had a lot of fun as always, lots of treats, swinging, and riding the 4-wheelers.  




No comments:

Post a Comment