Aiden was refusing to nap so once again I put him in the carrier and mowed the lawn. I usually leave that up to Preston but since we were getting ready to close and he was working I figured I could do it one last time ;) We heard from the buyers realtor on Wednesday that everything was set to close, so we moved the closing day up to Monday May 2nd. Preston and I signed the closing documents Friday afternoon and I started boxing up the rest of the house on Friday night, so exciting! Aiden was good while we signed papers and loved to look out the window at the cars. It was bittersweet giving him his last bath in our house!
My mom has been super worried about the cats, It's ridiculous, ha ha! She said she doesn't want them to be indoor cats at her house but she's worried they will get eaten by a fox or get a fight with another cat. I told her to chill out and they will adapt.
Saturday morning Preston went fishing with dad and I finished packing up the house. I didn't get a whole lot done Friday night because I was so tired, so I threw crap into boxes and started stacking it in the living room. Aiden did really well, and wasn't too fussy. Every once in a while he'd get a pillow and take it to me and whine... ha ha. That's his new thing, it's funny until he does it 50 times a day. Psh. That kid. I didn't stop from 7AM until 2 when he got home. By then my back was aching and I was exhausted, but just about done! Mom got off work early so I told her to come help with Aiden while we loaded the truck and trailer Preston was bringing over. It took about an hour to get it all on, we fit just about everything but left one more small load to come back for. Jeff and Kevin met us at moms to get it all unloaded which made it go much smoother! What a long day!
We got everything unloaded and ate dinner. We had the beds set up and about half of the stuff put away when we called it a night. Aiden felt right at home, I think it's because we've spent so much time over there since he was born, I'm so glad that he's had an easy transition!
Mom found a tractor at the DI that rumbles, makes noises, and drives around and he loves it of course (as well as the random piece of siding he dragged around the yard for a few days ha ha)
Sunday there was apparently a huge wind storm, Preston got a text saying church was cancelled because there was no power and when I got on FB there were tons of pictures of trees ripped out of the ground and on houses, cars tipped over, fences destroyed, tramps and swing sets missing.. insane!! It was windy at moms but not crazy. Gotta love Plain City ;)
I thought for sure the fence at home would've been blown over, last year it almost blew over and was tipping like crazy. We needed to go up and take out the mailbox dad made us and replace it with a cheap one since the buyers were signing the closing papers Monday morning at 8:30. They had texted me and asked if anything happened at the house so I told them I'd let them know when we went up to change the mailbox. Thankfully the fence was ok and there's no big trees near the house that could've tipped over, but the flagpole was ripped clean off. It was a clean cut, so crazy! It was a thin aluminum flagpole we found a few Summers ago at a yard sale for $10 so I was't too sad about it. I texted the buyers back to let them know and sent them these pictures, and at like 10 at night they said they'd spoken to the realtor and "technically" it was our responsibility to replace it or pay 50/50 of the cost to replace it. UM. We're closing in 10 hours... what the heck! So I told them I paid $10 for it and if they really wanted it to be fixed they could try taking it to a muffler shop or someone who could bend the bottom pipe so it could fit into the hole of the pipe in the ground. I could tell they were really irritated but I was not going to go pay $150 or so to replace it with some nice new flag pole.. if they really wanted $5 to replace half of the cost of it that was fine.. I called the realtor the next day and he said it wasn't a big deal and they would just take care of it. (by the way don't mind all the weeds, I totally gave up on weeding ha ha!)
Monday was a waiting game, and I was very impatient! Our mortgage company wouldn't accept wire transfers, so someone had to physically drive the payoff check to the SLC office, and if it didn't get in early enough in the day we'd have to pay the mortgage insurance and the interest on our mortgage for the month of May.. which is like $700!! So I kept my phone close and waited for a call to see if it was going to be sent soon enough or not. Finally at 1 the realtor guy called and said it should all be done and good and for me to take the keys to the house and hide them somewhere, but I wanted to call my lender first and make sure. She said it wasn't done yet but should be soon.. Half an hour later or so she called back and said the check was on it's way and we'd get the money in our account that day. It was SO COOL to see that much money in our bank account. Talk about grateful!! We paid off both of our cars, both of our summer tuitions for school, our credit card with our California trip on it, and put the rest in savings. It is the best feeling to be debt free and have a decent savings account for once in our life.
We're going to pay my parents a little bit each month to help with groceries and my mom is all excited about the "maid service" moving in.. ha ha! The first two days I was here I managed to organize every closet in the house, all of the bedrooms and storage cabinets, the pantry, and all that's left is the kitchen. I got all of our stuff organized and put away and cleaned the house. It's so relaxing and fun to me to clean and organize ;) I'm excited to be able to save money each month and am going to use the time we're at my parents to get in the habit of following a close budget so it's easier when we're in our house. I've slacked off the last year or two.. I used to be so good at meal planning and budgeting and want to get back to it! I'm setting aside money each month for food storage so that we can buy lots when it comes on sale when we move in, it's something that has been important to me. I did it with toiletries and haven't bought stuff for at least 6 months and have probably a year supply of everything for Preston and I, it's so nice!
Aiden's room has been set up the same way as it was at our old house and I still love it. The only difference is it's not grey and the bookshelves aren't up, but I think it's helped with Aiden as well. I got some cheap blackout shades that go under the blinds and it's still not as dark as I want it, but I've got some other ideas on how to improve it. These pictures aren't the best but they're with the curtains down and Aiden was napping in his crib. I must say it is SO NICE to not have to ninja hop out of his room when we lay him down for a nap, that's one thing I absolutely hated about our wood floors, carpet is so nice for bedrooms!
No comments:
Post a Comment