2.09.2016

10 months


Aiden is 10 months old today. He got four teeth that broke through on the same day a week or so ago, it was crazy! He now has both tops, both bottoms, one fang tooth (I don't know the official name, but that's good enough for me, ha ha!) and the other one should come any day now. I can't believe how fast they all came in! His necklace has helped a TON, I give him one dose of tylenol and ibuprofen a day to help as well, which he totally hates by the way.  I have given him a chewable kids ibuprofen tablet a few times and he tolerates those much better. I did get a picture of his teeth in the process of giving him his medicine, poor thing.  Oh and his current favorite snack to have are snap pea crisps, he LOVES them. 














I won my diet bets! I lost most of the weight in the first week, after that it was a matter of maintaining it and losing the last bit at the end. I managed to do it without working out once ;). I'm really going to hate myself if I don't start running soon, but I keep making excuses. I just need it to be spring already so I can start running with my jogging stroller. I hate the dreadmill. Anyone else? Just me? Hm.













Aiden is still doing great with sleeping. We've started holding him off so he doesn't sleep until 8:30-9:00 at night in hopes of him sleeping in a bit longer. Most nights he doesn't make it to 9:00 though. He is much better as far as sleeping after he nurses goes though, he almost always just sleeps as soon as I lay him down. He is so sweet, I love him so much. 














I'm just starting to lay him down for naps this week, and so far it's ok but not as well as I was hoping. He will only cry for maybe a minute when I lay him down (he's already super close to being asleep) but he doesn't sleep long... Half an hour, maybe 45 minutes is all then he goes crazy. I try to go in and comfort him like I do at night but it never works and he either doesn't sleep longer than that (which is miserable!) or I pick him up and he goes right back to sleep. Little stinker. Maybe his rooms not dark enough, but I have blinds closed and a roller shade. It's super dark with a blanket draped over it so I will probably try that soon. Aunt Kate seems to be the baby whisperer though. She was watching him the other day and she said she rocked him for like 10 seconds and he was asleep, so she made a little pillow nest on her bedroom floor and he napped for TWO hours. She had to practically wake him up!! So unfair. 















She watched him while I was with mom, on the day before Christmas Eve she was coming to our house to get our snowblower that broke and couldn't back her trailer out of the driveway because of the slushy snow from the plows, so she got the shovel and heard a crack in her back and couldn't Stand up. After 5 days she wasn't feeling better so I took her to the doctor and turns out she got a compression fracture. Poor mom. So she tried some pain medicine which never goes well, not to mention she can't take it at work! Long story short the insurance denied her surgery so the doctor appealed it and she ended up getting it done on Thursday. they go in her back and inject cement into the fracture to fill the gaps. They said most everyone who gets it feels no pain once they get off the table, and I'm happy to say she feels much better! She is just achy from the surgery but the pain is gone and I am so glad!! Preston told her to not touch our snow anymore ha ha! 
















So apparently because of all of the snow we've had this year the deer are coming down from the mountain, it's pretty fun! The other morning Preston went downstairs to get wood and start a fire and when he opened the door there were several deer laying on the grass under our deck and they all took off, scared the crap out of him! I've seen about 10-12 in our neighbors yard the last several days as well, just chilling under his pine trees. They just stare at me as I go to the garage, ha ha. There are deer tracks all over the snow in our yard as well, Aiden caught a glimpse of them and kept reaching his hand out like he wanted to pet them ha ha.

















I have been wanting to take Aiden swimming forever now but never had a day with Preston and I both off without plans, so we went yesterday and it was so fun. Aiden loves the water and it makes me so happy that he got it from me! He loves to kick his legs and bounce around, splashing as he goes. He's not afraid of it at all, he nose dived a couple times which made him cough but he didn't fuss or cry, a couple minutes later he'd do it again! Silly boy. His favorite thing was the mini fountains in the shallow end. He wanted to touch both at the same time, it was so funny! We went around the lazy river the most and he was getting a kick out of Preston going underwater then shooting out right in front of him. Preston took him down the big slide a few times as well and he said he was looking around the whole time he was in it and he was so serious when they'd shoot out. Of course mom had her panties in a wad about the slide, but I reassured him he's a wild child and Preston would never let him drown ;) 
























He wants to walk so so so bad. He's almost mastered walking while holding onto me with one hand instead of two, he pulls himself up on anything and cruises around giggling the whole time. I finally had to get a baby gate for the top of the stairs and he loves to hang out by it, I think mostly because it has a small cat door that he likes to swing open and shut. I haven't had to "baby proof" too many areas except removing the glass decor from the bottom shelf on the small table in the kitchen, and eventually I'll have to take out the small table the plant is on in the hallway. Other than that I've lucked out so far!


















The other day we went outside at moms house and saw the horses, Aiden wasn't really afraid, he was just very still and quiet, it was pretty funny!  Preston was watching him while he worked on some homework, Aiden got a little too excited while playing with his activity center, he ended up falling over hitting his mouth on the corner of the coffee table.  Poor boy had a huge fat lip all day, he had a little cut on his swollen lip, and his gums were red :( I was so sad. It wasn't Prestons fault and my mom told me there would be many more, but it still is so hard!



We went to visit Prestons Grandparents and it is always so much fun to see them, they just adore Aiden! That night Preston read him his favorite book and it was the perfect ending to such a great day :) I love my little family. 



















Aiden is so funny about his activity garden, he loves to put all of the blocks and balls into the mailbox and then toss them out. He's gotten good at standing without holding onto anything, and I just love his chubby pot belly and how serious he is. 


No comments:

Post a Comment