On Tuesday I went to my 40 week appointment and was the same, still 1cm and 75% effaced, so she stripped my membranes which was not a pleasant experience! Baby gained 4 more ounces, Karens guess was he'd be about 7 pounds 7 ounces give or take a pound. When she did the ultrasound it was hilarious because he's always got his hand in his face and she shook the crap out of my belly to get him to move and boy did he show her!
Before she shook him
She said she was pretty sure he was trying to flip her off on this one
Then he put his adorable hand on his eyes and wouldn't move from there.
She told me I could pick a day to be induced, either Wednesday, Thursday, or Friday depending on what the hospital had for availability. My appointment was the last one of the day and she was running late anyways, so she said she'd have the nurses call and schedule a time and call me back. They never called back and I was so anxious all night about it! We went to see the new Furious 7 movie that night as one of our last dates before the baby came, and I felt pretty crampy for the next few hours because of the membrane strip.
Wednesday I was scheduled to work 9:30-3:30 but it'd been slow the last few days so I asked if I could come in a few hours late and they didn't care, so I started some laundry, picked up the house a bit, and (finally) packed my hospital bag. The clinic still hadn't called me about an induction time yet so I called the office and they hadn't even called the hospital, I was bugged! So they called me back about 10 minutes later and the nurse was like soo, can you come in today? And I said no way, I am not ready and it's my sisters birthday so I don't want to be induced today. Then she said they had one other option of Friday morning at 8 so I took it. I almost started bawling when I got off the phone, just the rush of emotions and that's when it all became so real, We officially had a date picked when our little one was coming!
I headed into work where everyone proceeded to ask me when I planned on having the baby and how I was still at work, as if I needed reminding ha ha! When I got off I headed to Target to get a birthday present for my sister, and walked up and down the treat aisles grabbing anything that sounded good to snack on at the hospital. That night we hung out with my family at my moms for Kates birthday, it was so fun to just lounge around and eat papa murphys pizza. We left at about 10 and headed home, Preston wasn't tired so we laid on the couch and watched pitch perfect. At about midnight I said I had to go to bed because I was so dang tired, I couldn't even finish the movie.
Oh and I have to point out also that it decided to rain/snow and when I got home from work there was snow at our house!

No comments:
Post a Comment